• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Forthefunofit

Mar 25, 2013
    Ridgely, MD
    Day 67

Called today (finally gave in) and low and behold I am in review. Let's see, I own two hand guns and have a DC letter. What is there to review???? I wonder if my FFL will allow me to pick up all three of my pending items since they have been over 8 days when I finally get my ND. I almost feel that there should be some kind ceremony as there was when I got my BS which is not to be confused with receiving their BS:lol2:

Faderhaus

Mar 11, 2013
    I am sure money was a big factor in there decision. They only require 25% to purchase a regulated firearm and rest when paperwork gets back. At the rate MSP is going they are putting money into the business and never asked the customer to pay 100%. Rest of the dealers want 100% and I have heard some dealers are charging for storage fee's for transfers when they can legally release the firearm after 7days. I am all for supporting our local dealers but I am feeling no love back. Only if one dealer would do transfers and release after 7days, they all would follow.

No, I don't think they will. The fact of the matter is that ALL FFL's have to evaluate what they risk in early release (without the NICS approval). They are individual Licensors and individually make that decision. This is NOT a business for lemmings and one should not think like (or act like) one.

While others (FFL's) are releasing early, mine is not. I choose to wait for my ND's as they are released. AM I FRUSTRATED? YOU BET! DO I Hope that MSI, AGC, Et Al, wins an injunction against the MSP? ABSOLUTELY!

But the reality is that it should be done from a Legal standpoint; through a Legal process, not by an assumption or interpretation of the Law.

Submitted 2/26 - released ND 5/10 (73 days)
    Submitted 3/06 - released ND 4/29 (54 days)
    Submitted 3/09 - still waiting
    Submitted (2 apps) 4/03 - still waiting on both.

Yeah, and if anybody really looked at the dates above, the 3/06 application was released 11 days BEFORE the 2/26 application release. REASON? NONE.

The fact that there is legal action pending against the MSP may have some attention/pressure put on the MSP to start MOVING some of the backlog. It may even provoke the MSP/their attorneys to issue a statement publicly to order the release without a NICS approval, BUT don't hold your breath. ;)

Bang1964

May 3, 2013
    Ellicott City
    No, I don't think they will. The fact of the matter is that ALL FFL's have to evaluate what they risk in early release (without the NICS approval). They are individual Licensors and individually make that decision. This is NOT a business for lemmings and one should not think like (or act like) one.

While others (FFL's) are releasing early, mine is not. I choose to wait for my ND's as they are released. AM I FRUSTRATED? YOU BET! DO I Hope that MSI, AGC, Et Al, wins an injunction against the MSP? ABSOLUTELY!

But the reality is that it should be done from a Legal standpoint; through a Legal process, not by an assumption or interpretation of the Law.

Submitted 2/26 - released ND 5/10 (73 days)
    Submitted 3/06 - released ND 4/29 (54 days)
    Submitted 3/09 - still waiting
    Submitted (2 apps) 4/03 - still waiting on both.

Yeah, and if anybody really looked at the dates above, the 3/06 application was released 11 days BEFORE the 2/26 application release. REASON? NONE.

The fact that there is legal action pending against the MSP may have some attention/pressure put on the MSP to start MOVING some of the backlog. It may even provoke the MSP/their attorneys to issue a statement publicly to order the release without a NICS approval, BUT don't hold your breath. ;)

FYI. Shooters Discount started releasing firearms to Designated Collectors today. They also do Transfers. Thanks for your input. It is frustrating and I don't see it getting any better getting up to oct 1st.

2/21 ND 5/3
    3/4 in review
    3/18 waiting
    3/29 picked up 5/9 (on target)

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Nevermind! Got my answer on another thread! They are NOT releasing early for ANY reason. Understandable. Disheartening but understandable. Guess 90+ days it will be before i get to bring my baby home :sad20:

Show your dislike for that by shopping with your feet elsewhere. I will only be buying from a place that is releasing as stated by the Law from now on.

Scarab

Turtle Man

Mar 17, 2013
    They reviewed March 14 today!

I'm a March 14!

The MSP faxed an answer to my inquiry!

I'm in further review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members