• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chappy444

Feb 15, 2013
    talked to Gun connection yesterday about my 2/12 app. they said they are getting 2/6-2/7 and that it could be up to 30 more days for mine... I hope not...we will see. they also said that the MSP told them that by May it will be over 100 days wait. MSP also told them that they are getting up to 400-1000 apps a day and processing 100-140 a day!!!!! he also said that they(GC) have pretty much stopped doing transfers at this point because they are out of storage space.

Day 43 for me and still waiting.....:tap:

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    talked to Gun connection yesterday about my 2/12 app. they said they are getting 2/6-2/7 and that it could be up to 30 more days for mine... I hope not...we will see. they also said that the MSP told them that by May it will be over 100 days wait. MSP also told them that they are getting up to 400-1000 apps a day and processing 100-140 a day!!!!! he also said that they(GC) have pretty much stopped doing transfers at this point because they are out of storage space.

Day 43 for me and still waiting.....:tap:

Seems to me the math doesn't add up. You are falling behind over 800 per day while doing 700 in a five day work week.

Without even putting pencil to paper it appears they should be 4000 apps behind in a week and each week adds another month.

Hooray for OweMalley. The gun ban is already here and not a damn thing you can do about it.

I just don't think they are getting 1000 apps a day. If they were, there would be tens of thousands of protestors converging on Annapolis.
    They would already be a year behind and mounting. This would be on the front page of the American Rifleman magazine.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    : (GC) have pretty much stopped doing transfers at this point because they are out of storage space :

Maryland needs to give back the responsibility to Maryland FFL dealers as defined in the FFL procedures to process transfers like the majority of States.

Also, Maryland needs to “nicks” (cut-out) the stupid 7 day waiting process/steps that was proposed on a very remote “what if," and weighted with skewed statistics.

This “what if” is more likely to happen: A person decides to purchase a handgun to defend themselves against a possible person - threat (perhaps a neighbor), and they are killed before they receive the handgun.

Maryland citizens are now waiting about 50 days, and is due to increase before they can take possession of their purchase/s. The process is broken, and it has become completely unacceptable.

I suggest!! Call/contact everyone (all representatives) and complain, but wait until current political BS is finalized...
    PS. DO NOT CALL THE MSP!!

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I suggest!! Call/contact everyone (all representatives) and complain, but wait until current political BS is finalized...

I think our only recourse would be in the judicial branch, if we can come up with a good enough accusation. The legislative branch has proven time and time again that they're willing to defy even the slightest pro-gun measure. Hearing Frosh say "I urge you to reject this ammendment" a couple dozen times for things that made sense on a bipartisan level, and then having the majority of the Senate vote in line with him, really ingrained into my mind that we can't make forward progress in this state, only attempt to stop the bad legislation coming our way. When the legislative branch fails, we turn to the judicial branch. I have doubt that we can prove that they're not acting in good faith, however, which means that unless MSP gets the funding to streamline the process (therefore providing easier access to registration records, which is bad) we're pretty much screwed in my eyes.

shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    I have a ways to go.... 3/9

I have two thoughts.

What if there was a class action lawsuit of some kind that claimed that all of us waiting are having our constitutional rights violated waiting so long?

Better yet, what if ALL dealers released all the guns that have been waiting for over 7 days, all at once in protest. If not in protest then to keep their businesses alive. State could not shut them all down. And great political theater to get everyone's attention.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I have a ways to go.... 3/9

I have two thoughts.

What if there was a class action lawsuit of some kind that claimed that all of us waiting are having our constitutional rights violated waiting so long?

Better yet, what if ALL dealers released all the guns that have been waiting for over 7 days, all at once in protest. If not in protest then to keep their businesses alive. State could not shut them all down. And great political theater to get everyone's attention.

The federal government would shut them all down for releasing guns without a NICS number.

shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    Would not happen. Political stink would be too great with television cameras showing the feds storming MD to shutdown ALL gun sales. Talk about people protesting in the streets of Annapolis!!! NRA would have a field day.

We people need to think big or we are just going to keep being run over.

gjohnsonoc

Feb 18, 2013
    OCMD
    Well thought the end of the wait was today nope. I called MSP a nice trooper looked my info asked for my cell said she would call either way after she faxed it or if it wasnt approved. I have not recieved a call yet but I am not mad at all because I was actually pleased by the nice response. I will call my ffl so he can check on my app I believe he has accrued enough intrest off my 50 to make a 2 minute phone call.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Well thought the end of the wait was today nope. I called MSP a nice trooper looked my info asked for my cell said she would call either way after she faxed it or if it wasnt approved. I have not recieved a call yet but I am not mad at all because I was actually pleased by the nice response. I will call my ffl so he can check on my app I believe he has accrued enough intrest off my 50 to make a 2 minute phone call.

In today's bank interest that will be .. um 0.001. Lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom