• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • denjak

Mar 4, 2013
    Thanks guys

Just wanted to make my first post (joined today). I've been lurking for a while since I'm trying to figure out just when my application might get processed (submitted 2/7). Thanks for all the updates to help me count down. Looking forward to the day when I can put my hands on my purchase.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    So can somebody explain how this delay works with the "one-gun-a-month" restriction? Suppose I bought something Feb. 15th (paid my money, filled out the paperwork at the FFL, who I assume then submitted it promptly.) But I don't have the gun on March 15th because the background check hasn't cleared yet. On March 16th can I now buy a 2nd handgun or am I on hold until 30 days after I pick up the first one? In other words, does the 30 days rule run from the day I receive the gun or the date on my receipt for it? I am not sure I am going to buy something else right now, but this might get important depending on what passes and when it becomes effective. You never know, I might need to pick up a spare "assault" 10/22 with the evil black stock while I still can...

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    So can somebody explain how this delay works with the "one-gun-a-month" restriction? Suppose I bought something Feb. 15th (paid my money, filled out the paperwork at the FFL, who I assume then submitted it promptly.) But I don't have the gun on March 15th because the background check hasn't cleared yet. On March 16th can I now buy a 2nd handgun or am I on hold until 30 days after I pick up the first one? In other words, does the 30 days rule run from the day I receive the gun or the date on my receipt for it? I am not sure I am going to buy something else right now, but this might get important depending on what passes and when it becomes effective. You never know, I might need to pick up a spare "assault" 10/22 with the evil black stock while I still can...

The clock starts when you pick up the gun. Not when you paid for it.

tjv4163

Jun 27, 2012
    21234 city side
    Thats not exactly what I meant. I mean, where are they politically. Wheres the bills that revamp the system? Wheres the demand for some real limits on this process?

I agree IMO they are breaking the law. It states the investigation shall be done promptly, they are def not doing them promptly.

danbdan

Jan 1, 2013
    Columbia, Maryland
    Just wanted to make my first post (joined today). I've been lurking for a while since I'm trying to figure out just when my application might get processed (submitted 2/7). Thanks for all the updates to help me count down. Looking forward to the day when I can put my hands on my purchase.

Welcome, denjak!! I, too, filed paperwork on a new purchase on 2/7 as did one of my co-workers... so we're in the same boat. By my best guesstimation, we should get the call around March 18th or 19th unless the MSP drastically speeds up their process between now and then... and I'm not betting on that.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I had a gun delieved to ffl on 2/1. the guy told me that the msp is on 1/25 right now. four to five weeks is the time frame, as i was told.

Wahama90

I filled out my paperwork on 1/12, but for some reason the FFL didn't send it in until 1/19. I just got the call today to come get my firearm. I know everyone is waiting but thats the last time I use this FFL. There is no reason in the world to wait 7 days to send in the paperwork.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Thanks man. Appreciate the info. Now I just have to figure out what I should do here. Buy now when prices are sky high, or wait and maybe get screwed over. No good choices here.

bfpjpth

Nov 23, 2011
    Waited 41 Days

Did my paper work on Friday 01/25/13 and faxed over to MSP the afternoon of 01/25/13. Just got a call from my FFL that paper work is back and I can come pick up my gun. Total wait time 41 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom