• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I thought I saw this somewhere around here but I can't find it now.

I stopped in Gun Connection today and got some very bad news. Apparently it's worse than we thought. After Oct. 1 any currently regulated firearms, with the exception of handguns are banned, the MSP becomes the POC for ALL firearms in MD.

So in other words, with the exception of handguns, anything currently regulated will be banned. And anything currently NON-regulated, becomes regulated.

:wtf::banghead:

Last edited:

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    The law determines what is regulated. That hasn't changed. The only difference would be instead of calling/going online for NICS check, you have to contact MSP to have it done. How long that process will take is anyone's guess, but you wouldn't have the required seven day wait or anything for non-regulated guns.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I don't think so

You don't? This information is coming directly from recent talks with the MSP on how things are going to be after 10/1.

Remember, THEY decide how firearms are transferred in this State. If they say you wait 7 days for a shotgun or rimfire,.... that's the way it is.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Ugh, seriously? :(

So MSP thinks they can handle unregulated firearms now too? They cant even keep up with regulated firearms. How is this a good idea? I dont get it.

Why waste MD dollars to do something the Feds will do for you?

They know they can't keep up and they don't want to and have no intention to do so . With all the extra help and hours they claim to be using they are now according to the FBI doing less yes LESS back ground checks then when all this madness started . If I remember right they are doing 5,000 less checks a month then they were doing back in December . The only reason for that is they have slowed down on purpose .

Now add the new FOID card and training requirements and now unregulated checks . Good luck getting anything done at the MSP office .

Because it is about control of the populace and making firearms ownership as difficult as possible...denying our rights by any means possible.

*Sigh*

Unfortunately I think you are right.

Oddly enough I thought the Dems were the ones pushing for "Universal Background Checks" at the national level. Wouldnt NICS be universal? Seems that Maryland is going the opposite direction and counter to the party line.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Because it is about control of the populace and making firearms ownership as difficult as possible...denying our rights by any means possible.

This is it in a nut shell. MOM should make a TV reality show. "Extreme People Control" or "Mother Knows Best". Film an average family enduring governmental control from wake-up call to beddy-bye time.

No offense at all to the OP, but are you certain of this before going public with it?

This would be the icing on the cake. An H&R Bambi Whacker puts you on a waiting list? Whacking season would be over before you got the thing. Thing meaning Gun or Bambi.

They would have to increase MSP 10 fold to keep up with demand. Or no increase at all, which would effectively shut down gun sales in this S*** H*** State.

For all the couch potato, non-NRA hunters out there that sat at home, while the rest of went to Annapolis, thinking they would never come after your hunting rifles and shotguns, I hope this falls squarely on your heads. And I hope MOM taxes the hell out of your .30-06, .308, .270, and .243 ammo too.

And this is just a thought, can a state have a say as to what kind of ammunition can and cannot be sold in that state?

Didn't need this on a sunny Saturday afternoon. The Elk Neck Range was nice today though. Only one guy handled while others were down range. And when asked not to do it, he said: I've been coming here for 20 years, I know the rules.

And that's all I have to say about that.

WTF INDEED!

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    So in other words, with the exception of handguns, anything currently regulated will be banned. And anything currently NON-regulated, becomes regulated.

You or anyone else want to cite this statement at all? As when reading through the new law it clearly defines what is regulated, that being handguns, "copycats", and the assault weapons list, although obviously the latter two being stipulated with actually being banned. It also clearly still defines that only regulated weapons will have a seven day wait mandatory. If MSP wants to be the NICS POC for all firearms, more power to the assholes, I'm still taking my unregulated long gun cash and carry the same day, as per the law.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    I thought I saw this somewhere around here but I can't find it now.

I stopped in Gun Connection today and got some very bad news. Apparently it's worse than we thought. After Oct. 1 any currently regulated firearms, with the exception of handguns are banned, the MSP becomes the POC for ALL firearms in MD.

:wtf::banghead:

The regulated long guns that are currently regulated getting banned I have heard and have know for sometime. However I haven't heard anything about all non regulated long guns having to go though the MSP. If that is true this will likely get bad on Oct 1 and would be news to me. I am surprised this is the 1st I have heard of this if true. Then again there is an entire thread dedicated to some of the stuff people have heard / believe are in SB281 but aren't true. Hopefully this is one of those.

Thanks
    Robert

Last edited:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    This will be interesting and likely break the back of cash and carry. Given this administration's other actions, I would not be surprised to see them cut the firearms division hours to something ridiculous (e.g., no live sales after business hours at BP or other retail LGS). Given the requirements of the Brady Law, this would effectively accomplish a 3-day waiting period on non-regulated firearms.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    This can't be right. Without any legislation regulating currently unregulated firearms, there's nothing stopping someone (please correct me if I'm wrong) from going to PA/DE/VA/WV to buy a long arm and skip the MSP.

The only effect would be to drive maryland FFLs out of business, but then, that might be exactly what they want.

This is a really bad, unsubstantiated gun store rumor (are there any other kind?) to pass around. I sure hope you're wrong, I've been holding off on a few unregulated purchases until after 1 Oct.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    This can't be right. Without any legislation regulating currently unregulated firearms, there's nothing stopping someone (please correct me if I'm wrong) from going to PA/DE/VA/WV to buy a long arm and skip the MSP.

The only effect would be to drive maryland FFLs out of business, but then, that might be exactly what they want.

This is a really bad, unsubstantiated gun store rumor (are there any other kind?) to pass around. I sure hope you're wrong, I've been holding off on a few unregulated purchases until after 1 Oct.

Or make it a crime to buy a gun out of state and bring it back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom