• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    cant have more than one round for self defense. Unless you live in Ukraine then you get 60 billion of military grade arms.

on a historical note.
    Allahuuuuuu Ackbar! FJB left behind 83B for the Taliban! Ukraine is a pauper..

So that's about 243B for weapons outside the US while FJB tries to eliminate firearms for citizens.

For 243B we could lock up all the miscreants in the nation. But instead FJB gives it away.

FJB!

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    It would be great if the HQL could die the death it deserves.

Question - how would Bruen affect the overly-restrictive laws MD has on the books regarding the additional MSP investigation and prohibitions in place for non-violent misdemeanor crimes with potential sentences 2 years or greater?
    On Sunday my 24 yr old daughter said, if it dies she will go out the next day to buy her first handgun, and apply for her W&C permit. She walks a lot in the woods around her house and would like to be able to protect herself.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    On Sunday my 24 yr old daughter said, if it dies she will go out the next day to buy her first handgun, and apply for her W&C permit. She walks a lot in the woods around her house and would like to be able to protect herself.
    Apparently once you have a w&c, you just request a hql and it's sent to you for free based on carry credentials.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    But, but, but, but. It is the principal of the thing, AND. If one has a W&C, does this not, or should this not essentially make the HQL like the DoDo bird?
    All 2a infringements should go the way of the dodo bird. I never got a hql on principle. Instead, I switched my efforts over to build my AR collection(to include ar pistols built from lowers). There's no f'n way the hql can withstand a post-bruen court challenge. In a totally unrelated point that has nothing to do with me not getting a hql, I also don't see how the "ghost gun" ban can stand up to a court challenge.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    HQL aside, are we going to see good and substantial turn into SHALL issue?
    That was already done in the Buern decision. Google "Supreme Court of the United State of America Buern case" and read the opinion. Shall Issue is pretty much the law of the land now. The Maryland powers that be are trying to figure out how to effectuate that with as many hoops as possible still in place without having so many that SCOTUS slaps Maryland down some more. It would be great for a 2A case to get to SCOTUS with Frosh's name on it and have SCOTUS slap him down on the 2A.

I so hope that the HQL gets killed. Right before seeing this thread, I saw a thread for the Colt Anaconda. I really want a Beretta92X Performance, Colt Python, and now a Colt Anaconda. Might even buy a new small frame Sig just in case I decide to get the CCW.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I so hope that the HQL gets killed. Right before seeing this thread, I saw a thread for the Colt Anaconda. I really want a Beretta92X Performance, Colt Python, and now a Colt Anaconda. Might even buy a new small frame Sig just in case I decide to get the CCW.
    Speaking of handguns, one other MD oddity that has no THT provenance is the Handgun Roster. That needs to get added as a claim in one of the suits for declarative and injunctive relief. Oh, and the lock idiocy, too.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Apparently once you have a w&c, you just request a hql and it's sent to you for free based on carry credentials.
    Hopefully we will find out today after the zoom call, that the HQL will go away, among other things.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Hopefully we will find out today after the zoom call, that the HQL will go away, among other things.
    I hope so, but I expect more BS from them citing waiting for the AG, can't do anything yet, yada, yada.... BGOS runs high in this 365 er.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    The HQL is not going away until MSI wins the lawsuit. Now, the state may decide to moot the suit and not fight it in light of Bruen. The writing is on the wall in big giant "shall not be infringed mf'r" block letters. But given that they have not even come out with a statement on W&C, it looks like they want to send a big fat check to MSI.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    They do appear to be on the "I'm going out kicking and screaming" trajectory
    The HQL is not going away until MSI wins the lawsuit. Now, the state may decide to moot the suit and not fight it in light of Bruen. The writing is on the wall in big giant "shall not be infringed mf'r" block letters. But given that they have not even come out with a statement on W&C, it looks like they want to send a big fat check to MSI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom