• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just wear a shirt that says you support the second amendment, you stand for the flag or you stand with Israel.

In MoCo , with 10% Jewish population , plus the outnumbered Evangelicals with strong identification with the Holy Lands , and the random outnumbered conservatives , the Stand with Israel shirt would get 20 or 25% liking it .

Instead , try a shirt along the lines of " You're in America , Speak English " .

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Still prohibited. The only jurisdiction that allows Metro carry is VA

Correction. Allowed with permit. Metro only

Last edited:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Walk up to the door just for the purpose of holding it for her! DO NOT APPROACH ME!
    one time at the Whole Foods in Kentlands a Karen was making a scene outside. Not crazy just a biotch. So, in my gentlemanly way, I got the the door first- the auto door was not working... I opened it just enough for me to slip in and I let it close on her. The indignant look on her face :)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I held the door for a woman today. She said she very much appreciated me doing so.
    She also wasn't a Karen.

I will do the same thing until they get stupid, then they can open their own door.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    She also wasn't a Karen.

I will do the same thing until they get stupid, then they can open their own door.
    She may have other buttons that bring out the Karen. It was nice watching her walk out.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Does this Court ruling impact/allow carrying on Metro in MD?

@esqappellate
    I would have to check, but IIRC, Metro follows local law.
    MD Code, Transportation, § 7-705(b)(6), provides that “t is unlawful for any
    person to engage in any of the following acts in any transit vehicle or transit facility, designed for
    the boarding of a transit vehicle, which is owned or controlled by the [Maryland Mass Transit]
    Administration [of the Maryland Department of Transportation] or a train owned or controlled by
    the Administration or operated by a railroad company under contract to the Administration to
    provide passenger railroad service: * * * (6) Carry or possess any explosives, acids, concealed
    weapons or other dangerous articles.” MD Code, Transportation, § 7-705(e), provides that “[e]xcept
    as provided in subsection (f) of this section, any person who violates any provision of this section is
    guilty of a misdemeanor and is subject to a fine of not more than $500 for each offense.

Unlike the Btown mass transit, Metro is not owned or controlled by the MD Dept of Transportation. So, this State law would not apply. I don’t know for sure, but I think Metro buildings are not owned or controlled by the State or local government of the State so arguably SB1 does not apply. The Mont. Co. ordinance, which would cover it, has been enjoined. So, you are free to come to your own conclusions. If you are intending to carry on Metro, I would consult with counsel. The above is not legal advice, it merely lays out what i think may be right analysis.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I would have to check, but IIRC, Metro follows local law.
    MD Code, Transportation, § 7-705(b)(6), provides that “t is unlawful for any
    person to engage in any of the following acts in any transit vehicle or transit facility, designed for
    the boarding of a transit vehicle, which is owned or controlled by the [Maryland Mass Transit]
    Administration [of the Maryland Department of Transportation] or a train owned or controlled by
    the Administration or operated by a railroad company under contract to the Administration to
    provide passenger railroad service: * * * (6) Carry or possess any explosives, acids, concealed
    weapons or other dangerous articles.” MD Code, Transportation, § 7-705(e), provides that “[e]xcept
    as provided in subsection (f) of this section, any person who violates any provision of this section is
    guilty of a misdemeanor and is subject to a fine of not more than $500 for each offense.

Unlike the Btown mass transit, Metro is not owned or controlled by the MD Dept of Transportation. So, this State law would not apply. I don’t know for sure, but I think Metro buildings are not owned or controlled by the State or local government of the State so arguably SB1 does not apply. The Mont. Co. ordinance, which would cover it, has been enjoined. So, you are free to come to your own conclusions. If you are intending to carry on Metro, I would consult with counsel. The above is not legal advice, it merely lays out what i think may be right analysis.
    Thank you sir. Very much appreciate this information.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    She also wasn't a Karen.

I once told a rude woman that they were conflicted between the feminism that told them they didn't need a man to open the door and complaining about the patriarchy while benefiting from it by having the door opened for them.

Dead silence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom