• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    I would have told him that the mag was, in fact, loaded correctly but his bullet flipper that chambers the round was hopelessly broken and unrepairable. Then I would have offered him $50.00 for it for the parts.. You would have been doing both of you a favor... j/k

:lol2:

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    :rofl:

Were your last words to him, "Now, I have seen it all."?

ETA: I haven't seen anything that bad, but one time at the NRA range in VA me and my buddy were sharing a lane and the guy next to us asked me for help with his new Beretta 92. I asked him what the problem was and he told me he thought the gun was broken because it wouldn't fire. He handed me the gun, I put a full mag in it, racked the slide and fired a round. I asked him again what the problem was. He didn't know you had to rack the slide for the first round lol. He thought you just put the mag in and squeeze the trigger... I showed him how to do it then went back to my lane. I looked over and he was racking the slide for each shot, ejecting a new round each time. I corrected him again and he was very thankful. I refrained from laughing because the guy had his kid with him and was teaching him how to shoot...

Sounds like someone needs a single action! :D:thumbsup:

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I've been in the exact same situation, but with some kind of Ruger 9mm.
    It had somehow stripped one round & tried to jam it into the chamber & the shooter tried rack clearing the jam & forced a second one up behind it so the whole thing was 100% jammed.
    Like you if I hadn't seen it I would have thought it impossible to do.

Maybe this is fresh fuel for the old "auto Vs. revolver" arguments of the 70's
    "Why is a revolver better than a semi-auto?"
    "Cuz you can't load a revolver backwards!":rasp:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    its not the first... ive seen one "new" shooter loading the ammo the wrong way in the magazine at MSAR. i stopped him and he was very embarassed and thankful.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    He wasn't related to this guy was he?

Retarded_terrorist0-size-600x0.jpg

bward1028

Dec 27, 2010
    PG County
    its not the first... ive seen one "new" shooter loading the ammo the wrong way in the magazine at MSAR. i stopped him and he was very embarassed and thankful.

i'll admit it, i've been that guy. thank god i have friends who knew what tehy were doing.
    not like they give a lot of guidence at that range, anyhow

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    My first experience with a pistol qual in the Fleet had a handful of folks loading mags for everybody else - to minimize the number of hands that could cause things to go wrong. After a while, the rest of us have a pile of magazines loaded up and one fella is still on his first one.

I was impressed that he got the first two 9mm rounds in backwards, but the third one was kicking his ass...

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Once while running a range for qualification on the M16A1 we had a company of cooks go through from the Guard. One ancient E4 (I think he last qualified on the Garand) managed to get his magazine completely wedged in the ejection port while trying to load it. In true Army fashion I pulled him off the line, marked him as qualified and sent him on his way. I didn't want anyone to get hurt and I'm sure he was a hell of a cook.

rvanrens

Jun 27, 2010
    Adamstown, MD
    Sounds about par for Army weapons training...that's why they send 'em to 11-B school. Once I was out of Basic, I didn't fire a single round out of a rifle or pistol. Tank guns, on the other hand....heh.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I have seen like 4 people do this. Almost every person I have ever taken to the range has never even seen a gun in real life prior to meeting me. You would be surprised to find out how many people don't even understand that the case isn't part of the projectile.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I have seen like 4 people do this. Almost every person I have ever taken to the range has never even seen a gun in real life prior to meeting me. You would be surprised to find out how many people don't even understand that the case isn't part of the projectile.

This is not surprising at all. After this thread I checked some mags I own, they actually feed more easily backwards than forwards. The functioning of the cartridge is somewhat complex and not something TV tells n00bs.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton

I always have a minute discussion with at least one person in the groups I take to the range. :lol:

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I've fed a mags backwards while talking to my chatty gun friends at the range. I realized it when they felt like they were going in too easy.

I have done the same thing. The most embarrassing was when I loaded an entire magazine for a Thompson sub-machine gun! Again, should not have been talking while loading and I did catch it before I shot the Thompson.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Apparently I'm lucky to never have... then again, I'm the type who reads the manual for new things like power tools and guns and whatnot. My life is important enough for me to read those darned things :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom