• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • akrobatik

Feb 20, 2012
    Hi, will the new MSAR range support rifles and shotguns? I heard they are moving to a larger facility in June. Has there been any more information on the range, ie location, size, etc? Hopefully the new range will offer memberships, that place is always packed

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    Hi, will the new MSAR range support rifles and shotguns? I heard they are moving to a larger facility in June. Has there been any more information on the range, ie location, size, etc? Hopefully the new range will offer memberships, that place is always packed

Yes they will have ten 50-yard rifle lanes, as well as around 15+ pistol lanes if memory serves me correctly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

akrobatik

Feb 20, 2012
    WARPIG [USMC];1621243 said:
    Yes they will have ten 50-yard rifle lanes, as well as around 15+ pistol lanes if memory serves me correctly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nice! Thanks. I hope they allow shotguns in buck/slug, like most rifle ranges do

MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    I was told by an employee that you will be able to shoot "everything" at the new range. Was also told that they were debating whether to allow full-auto...

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I was told by an employee that you will be able to shoot "everything" at the new range. Was also told that they were debating whether to allow full-auto...

They shoot as fast as fa even on a semi at the current range. Lol

Just hope they have higher ceiling. Lol

MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    They shoot as fast as fa even on a semi at the current range. Lol

Just hope they have higher ceiling. Lol

Tell me about it. I was in there a few weeks ago and somebody kept putting holes in my targets. The groups shooting to my right and left were both shooting so wildly I couldn't figure out where it was even coming from.

But while the clientele leaves a bit to be desired, the prices and the staff keep me coming back.

Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    Tell me about it. I was in there a few weeks ago and somebody kept putting holes in my targets. The groups shooting to my right and left were both shooting so wildly I couldn't figure out where it was even coming from.

But while the clientele leaves a bit to be desired, the prices and the staff keep me coming back.

I've always been a fan of MSAR for the same reasons. Some people on here give it a bad rap, but I've always liked the place. I've been going for years.

Wheelbrain

Aug 15, 2011
    Rockville, Maryland
    Was also told that they were debating whether to allow full-auto...

If full auto or additional rentals (rifle, shotgun) become available, I hope they'll have someone checking weapon proficiency before handing it over (not simply "Y'know how to handle that?"), and a qualified RSO actively walking the line...otherwise I'm never returning, for my own safety.

I've witnessed or heard too many horror stories to count about unqualified shooters renting handguns there, and throwing safety precautions to the wind, to be comfortable with additional rental options, unless safety measures upgrade a notch...preferably several.

Granted, MSAR can/could be an excellent indoor range for the price ($15.00/day) with experienced shooters in the lanes, but when someone inexperienced without supervision gets in...oh, no.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

Yes I agree. The workers are not that bad. The patrons are hit or miss. Just hope they start a rso on the new place.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Yes I agree. The workers are not that bad. The patrons are hit or miss. Just hope they start a rso on the new place.

When I was there a few months ago, I asked a couple of older guys at the counter about the new range. They said they didn't think a RSO was going to happen. Either way, it would be nice to shoot 50 yds indoor rain or shine, 10 mins from me.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    When I was there a few months ago, I asked a couple of older guys at the counter about the new range. They said they didn't think a RSO was going to happen. Either way, it would be nice to shoot 50 yds indoor rain or shine, 10 mins from me.

was wondering about that.. if they will have tables instead of regular lanes. i would like to get my brass back for reloading.. and i have homemade brass catcher.

MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011

Thats too bad about the lack of an RSO at the new range. I took my girlfriend's brother there right after he got back from Iraq and he refuses to go back without a vest haha (he probably wasn't completely serious but also hasnt been back with me yet...)

On the plus side, I'll probably be spending all of my time on the rifle side at the new range and I bet it'll be less wild west over there.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    was wondering about that.. if they will have tables instead of regular lanes. i would like to get my brass back for reloading.. and i have homemade brass catcher.

I hope they do. I have not had a chance to shoot my 10/22 I built. I was going with my brother to Sanners until they closed. Haven't shot my 551-A1 or AR much for that matter either.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Thats too bad about the lack of an RSO at the new range. I took my girlfriend's brother there right after he got back from Iraq and he refuses to go back without a vest haha (he probably wasn't completely serious but also hasnt been back with me yet...)

On the plus side, I'll probably be spending all of my time on the rifle side at the new range and I bet it'll be less wild west over there.

I don't go much now if I do it's only during the weekdays. Place is crazy on the weekends. Hopefully they change their mind about the RSOs are at least do a better job with monitoring the lanes with video or something.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I don't go much now if I do it's only during the weekdays. Place is crazy on the weekends. Hopefully they change their mind about the RSOs are at least do a better job with monitoring the lanes with video or something.

that is if they dont rent rifles... but i bet they will start renting them when they open..

akrobatik

Feb 20, 2012
    I contacted MSAR, they are planning to open the new range towards the end of summer. They will be located at 9801 Fallard Court, which is just a mile or two away from their current location. They will allow shotguns. Ten 50yard rifle/shotgun lanes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom