Mr. O'Malley, Frosh and Friends, I thank you.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'd love to know how many ARs, unbuilt lowers, AKs, M1As, etc. there are in MD now compared with pre-Newtown. Twice as many? More? It wouldn't surprise me. I've talked to so many people like us, who weren't even that much interested in EBRs, who went out and got one, two, three, who knows how many, and who have a little stash of lowers somewhere. And maybe a few dozen standard-capacity mags. And some uppers. And . . . .

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    The lines around the corner at the gun shops in early fall would indicate somewhere between a crap ton and a sh*t pile.

Most of these folks including myself are now actively involved in continuing to buy guns, shooting and hunting.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    2 AK47s, an AK74, three AR15 lowers, and a VZ58.
    Already had a 6920 (election 2012 moved me).

I could give a sh1t about EBRs, but a special finger for Frosh and the GA.

They so much as admitted their surprise in the aftermath - dumbasses had no idea that people would respond to the ban by scarfing up everything they could lay hands on. Now they have four or five times as many of these evil weapons in MD than they did pre-ban.

Give stupid people the vote, and they'll vote for stupid people. What a surprise.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    I was happy with my shotgun, pistols, and C&R stuff. The threat of the 2013 ban made me wonder if someday I or my kids might want an AR or two. So, picked up a bunch of stripped lowers before Oct 1st... now have an AR15 rifle for everyone in the family, and AR15 pistol, and an AK the wife still doesn't know about :innocent0

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    That's great! Can we get a group buy on engraving?

Count me in! Love that! :D

Thanks to O'Malley, Frosh & Co, I took up arms. Didn't really have it in mind before they told me it was bad. Shame they don't know how wrong they are, hmmmm?

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Very nice! You can drive right up 83 into PA and get some standard 30 round mags and 40 rounders too. Something just looks off with those little mags. Like a big jacked up pickup with spare donut tires.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    An excellent EBR specimen. Now that prices are back under $1k, I've considered purchasing these Modern Sporting rifles as Christmas gifts for family.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I picked up 6 lowers and am still kicking myself in the ass for not buying a M1A

So far I have built an M-forgery, a pink AR for the wife, and an AR15-A1 from a parts kit from Engage.

Damn I wish I had bought the M1A

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    Got my a1 hand guards on. I think I have less than 800 bucks , total, in it. Lower was 100, lower parts kit about 50, 400 in the upper and bcg, 150 in the a1 furniture and some assorted odds and ends. Still needs a sling ;)

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    Got my a1 hand guards on. I think I have less than 800 bucks , total, in it. Lower was 100, lower parts kit about 50, 400 in the upper and bcg, 150 in the a1 furniture and some assorted odds and ends. Still needs a sling ;)

I have $150 in the lower and parts kit, a little over $200 in the A1 profile barrel and $400 in the A1 parts kit. I left the fire control group as I didn't want any part of the rnr switch

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

RDavidP

Mar 8, 2007
    Frederick
    I bought my first AR-15 back in 2007, a Rock River HBAR. I had no desire to purchase another AR-15. Thanks to the current administration, I bought several hunks of aluminum and learned how to drill metal on a drill press. I did several receivers before the deadline. I am slowly buying the parts and such to build out all of the receivers. Also going to buy an actual mill now and start LR-308 receivers and try out the Tactical Machining 1911 80% frames. Hear tell of a 10/22 80% receiver. Had no interest in making my own receivers until a year ago.

johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    This is exactly how I ended up with an AR15. Wasn't on my list, until I was told that I couldn't have one.

RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    Luckily I bought an M1A & a Colt Sporter back in the early 90s, didn't really have a need for more ARs until seeing what was in the upcoming bill. Thanks to Engage, I've added 2 lowers. Just need some extra $$$ to finish them.

CrazyIvan

Crazy Ivan
    Aug 2, 2013
    Scaggsville (Howard County)
    Until SB281 was passed, all I collected were surplus WWI and WWII era rifles. With the passing of SB281, my wife and I started "avidly" collecting modern rifles and pistols as well. We may not have made that transition if it weren't for the "kick in the pants" from our leaders. I just wish I had been smart enough to think of buying up receivers so I could build a bunch of rifles instead of just having the ones I bought already assembled.

agstevens05

Jan 24, 2013
    I think a lot of people would have never owned one if it wasn't for being told they can't. Just have a completed lower so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom