• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    towson
    i currently own few handguns, shotgun and a rifle.
    there is a chance that i might move to NY !!!:tdown:
    what can i do ? i know i can sell them , i own a home here in MD and might just
    keep them and shoot them in NY/MD.

any suggestion ?

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    What part of NY? Large parts of NY state do not have the restrictions that NYC does. The further you are away from the city, the more gun friendly.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    don't go.
    If you go do not bring your guns.
    If you do bring them you must register and licence them and the yearly fee is not small.

Do not go. The cost of living is very high and you may not net enough after taxes and cost to make it worth while.

Do not sell your guns.... you may not be able to buy them back.....

Ianal..

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I'm sorry for your loss.

Might as well sell the guns and use the money to buy some thick rimmed glasses and skinny jeans cause you are about to be assimilated by the nanny state culture.

cress

Oct 11, 2013
    Upstate NY
    Don't bring the guns, leave them out of state. Once you establish residency in New York you will be able to apply for a permit. If you reside within the city you will need a license for all of the guns. (Average 4-12 months and ~$400). If you reside outside the city you will need a license for the handguns only. (Depending on county 4-24 months, average ~8 months, $10-$200). (Also depending on county the pistol permit may or may not be a carry permit). Should you be approved for a permit any guns will need to be transferred into NY through an FFL and registered. Of course you cannot bring any AWs into the state or magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds, and those magazines cannot be loaded with more than 7 rounds.

Do whatever you can to stay out of NY.

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Don't bring the guns, leave them out of state. Once you establish residency in New York you will be able to apply for a permit. If you reside within the city you will need a license for all of the guns. (Average 4-12 months and ~$400). If you reside outside the city you will need a license for the handguns only. (Depending on county 4-24 months, average ~8 months, $10-$200). (Also depending on county the pistol permit may or may not be a carry permit). Should you be approved for a permit any guns will need to be transferred into NY through an FFL and registered. Of course you cannot bring any AWs into the state or magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds, and those magazines cannot be loaded with more than 7 rounds.

Wow; that is intense. I really hope the bleeding stops in MD before it gets more out-of-hand than it already is.

jrosenberger

Jan 19, 2011
    NH

Why do you need an FFL transfer for guns you already own? Is there no other way to register them?

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    As a former resident of that communist 3rd world crap hole, I would advise avoiding living there. Avoid it at all costs. There is nothing worth living there, period.

drshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    towson
    It almost seem impossible to stay, I got layoff and most of my interview /offers are in NY
    Am originally from NY,I know how things are here but I might not have a choice .
    I just dont want to stop shooting because I am in NY I just hope I can keep them and be low key

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom