• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    My Browning Medallion was transferred from my garage to my basement when my house was torn down to the foundation. I paid the crane operator $20 to rig it and set it. Was funny to watch it travel 40' in the air to its new home.

I am 90% sure that it will convey when I sell my house. That thing is a Beast!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Its worth paying someone. I know my largest safe will be sold as an amenity of the house. It will almost be cheaper to have a new one installed pre-move in in my next place (or if I build from the ground up a vault room built).

marcwells

Aug 7, 2022
    United States
    Alright, I tried searching the Forum, but for some reason the search feature doesn't want to work on my work computer.

I am hoping to move in the next month or so, and along with that move comes my gun safe. Myself and a friend put it in my basement, coming close several times to killing one another, so I am not looking forward to bringing it out.

I don't have a walk-out basements, so we have to back up stairs, ugh, and out the front door. So like I said, having almost killed myself when working with gravity to get it down, I don't want work against it.

I was wondering who you all might have used, and what kind of cost I am looking at? I am in Southern York county, just over the MD/PA line. I know A-1 Safes in Bel Air offers Illinois Gun Safe Moving Service, and I will hopefully be giving them a call today. I am only, hopefully moving within 10 miles of where I currently live, but it will probably have to back down in a basement.

Below is a link the almost the exact safe I have, but it's roughly 60"H x 30" W x 25" D and 500ish lbs.

Thanks in advance for an insight!
    I'm striking out with Redford Safe and Nick of Time Movers to move my gun safe to the basement. The issue appears to be the landing on my stairs. The landing is 37.5" wide by 47.5" long and turns 90 to the left for the balance of the stairs. The safe is 42"x25" and 760#. I have the head room to clear the height of 60" on the safe. I don't want to have the safe in my garage. I could do it but it is not my ideal location. Any recommendations out there who to contact next or am I SOL and stuck putting it in my garage?

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    To me the best solution is to include it as a selling feature of your old house and buy a new one for your new home. A lot of buyers will value it even if they are non gun owners.

But if you decide to keep it I would strongly suggest a professional safe mover. You are going against gravity to get it out of your current basement. Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I'm striking out with Redford Safe and Nick of Time Movers to move my gun safe to the basement. The issue appears to be the landing on my stairs. The landing is 37.5" wide by 47.5" long and turns 90 to the left for the balance of the stairs. The safe is 42"x25" and 760#. I have the head room to clear the height of 60" on the safe. I don't want to have the safe in my garage. I could do it but it is not my ideal location. Any recommendations out there who to contact next or am I SOL and stuck putting it in my garage?
    About 20 years go, Continental had another store that sold and moved safes. I bought a safe from them. I had the same type of landing in the stairs to my basement in my old house. I explained this issue to them and showed pictures and measurements. They said no problem They were able to move it in and move It out to my new house . The trick was building a platform on the landing that raised the safe up to give enough room to rotate it to position it to go down the last few steps. They did the same in reverse when it came time to move it out. It wasn't cheap, but they did it with no damage more importantly, no one got hurt.
    My point is you need a safe mover. Not sure where you are, but it is possible. Thompson Safe in Frederich, A1 in Fallston, etc.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    About 20 years go, Continental had another store that sold and moved safes. I bought a safe from them. I had the same type of landing in the stairs to my basement in my old house. I explained this issue to them and showed pictures and measurements. They said no problem They were able to move it in and move It out to my new house . The trick was building a platform on the landing that raised the safe up to give enough room to rotate it to position it to go down the last few steps. They did the same in reverse when it came time to move it out. It wasn't cheap, but they did it with no damage more importantly, no one got hurt.
    My point is you need a safe mover. Not sure where you are, but it is possible. Thompson Safe in Frederich, A1 in Fallston, etc.
    A1 in Fallston is gone.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Talk to Dave at D&S Moving. He has moved some heavy/awkward/unwieldy stuff for me over the years. He is also a fire fighter. Based in Kensington.

(202)528-7197

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom