Most reliable handgun right out the box?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thai

May 8, 2013
    After having just taken delivery of 6 new handguns from HK USP, Sig P series, and some Ruger, I won't have time to put them through their paces nor will I find enough ammo to do so.

My question is: Due to recent issues with some manufacturer quality control, Glock gen4, and Sigs being made in US- have suffered. Is there any one brand that anyone here would pick up right out of the box and defend theirs and their families life with?

Assuming you have every brand and model sitting in front of you and all are unfired new in the box.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    HK. It will stomp a Glock and SIG in regards to reliability.

Good to know! Didn't realize there was that big of a difference.

I'm cheap buy two used glocks from Lou. Shoot the first one till it jams one then throw it at them and grab the second one :) be about the same price right? :rolleyes:

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown

My uncle has a SW when I was growing up and I loved it but I absolutely suck at shooting a revolver now. Autos I seem to do just fine but something about the sights or the grip on revolvers gets me. I shoot a decent group just not near what I aim at..... :innocent0

baconsandwich

master of the obvious
    Apr 20, 2013
    Baltimore City
    For a semi-auto, HK . If you really want reliable buy a pre lock SW 357 Revolver!

That's what I always said until about a year ago when my model 19 geeked out on me at the range one day. Something in the mechanism inside the side cover got out of whack. Now I just say "nothing is perfect"

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That's what I always said until about a year ago when my model 19 geeked out on me at the range one day. Something in the mechanism inside the side cover got out of whack. Now I just say "nothing is perfect"

Revolvers malfunction and go out of time WAY more than people realize. Colt Revolvers are the worst, S&W Revolvers are next.

Rugers Revolvers are TANKS.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    HK. It will stomp a Glock and SIG in regards to reliability.

Chad - if you don't mind, what type of issues have you seen SIGs exhibit that have you conclude that e HK will stomp them. I ask, not to challenge or pick a fight, but I've a early 90s 228 and have never had an issue. I recently added an HK P30 and I'm enjoying it too, but don't have near the rounds through it as the Sig.

Are there routine maintenance or other steps one can take to address the reliability issues in the sig?

---
    Shamr0ck

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom