• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nak5ptoh

Aug 3, 2012
    I picked up a Mossberg 500 tactical persuader as my HD shotgun which came with the 18.5 inch barrel and an ATI pistol grip collapsible stock. I like the idea of swapping out a couple of parts and having a multi-functional gun. I'd like to pick up a regular stock and another barrel for shooting some clays, but I'm still a noob and learning the ins and outs of shotguns.

Basically I want a regular stock and a barrel that is suitable for clays that I can use different chokes on. I have been doing a little research and it seems like Knoxx and Hogue make quality stocks, but I don't want to break the bank if it's not necessary for my needs. As for the barrel, I'm kind of in the dark as to proper length, how to know it can accept the proper chokes, etc. Any advice or experience on these parts would be great. Thanks.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I might have my 835 wood stock laying around. Of course you should get a forend wrench for swapping back and forth. If yours has the standard 5rnd capacity then model 500 barrels should work. If you have the 8rnd then you will need to swap mag tubes as well and will need a strap wrench. These are the nice wood stocks PM me if you want them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom