• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBlaze

FX4life
    Jul 26, 2009
    Huntingtown
    So I want to get a new barrel and forend for my 500...my problem is I cant find them anywhere. Im looking for a specific barrel and forend. I want a breacher barrel and forend. (see Below)

mossy500breacher.jpg

so anyone know where i can find these and also is the barrel avail. for an 8 shot tube?

HarEngSer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 4, 2008
    Bel Air
    Brownells. You have to replace the Mag tube and the barrel on a 500 to extended it. Your old barrels won't be interchangable with the longer mag tube either.

BigBlaze

FX4life
    Jul 26, 2009
    Huntingtown
    I just checked Brownells they dont have it but they do have a lot of other g...I should also clarify that I already have a 8 round tube...ood stuff gonna have to remember that site.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    You can get a +2 extension for it from The Gun Connection in South Carolina for $65 at the link below:

The Gun Connection - SC

pop_wm_1313867.jpg
    That won't help a 6 shot barrel fit an 8 shot mag tube. I don't believe the 500 accepts extensions, I call BS on that part as I can't find it on their site and they say "not available anywhere else".

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    That won't help a 6 shot barrel fit an 8 shot mag tube. I don't believe the 500 accepts extensions, I call BS on that part as I can't find it on their site and they say "not available anywhere else".

I was going off the suggestion that the original poster just buy a new mossberg tactical cruiser. The extension is the only way to make it hold 8 rounds (7 in the tube 1 in the chamber). The Mossberg 500 tactical cruiser uses a different mag tube that the normal Mossberg 500. I have yet to find anyone that makes one other than the guy on gunsamerica. The seller posts as MAX100 on shotgunworld.com and many other forums. I have seen the extension in person and have one on order for my tactical criuser. I'll post pics when it comes in.

bowtiebandit

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbia

I'll post a pic when mine gets here...ordered it on the 22nd.

BigBlaze

FX4life
    Jul 26, 2009
    Huntingtown
    so Im guessing the only way to get that setup is to but that particular gun... well I guess its settled then Im buying another gun... :)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Just get a 5 shot 500 tube, and the breacher barrel and have it installed by a smith.

If you have some strap wrenches you may be able to get the tube replaced.

It would be much cheaper to sell the model you have and buy the unit you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom