• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    People just need to accept the fact that there is no constitutional protection and nothing in the Bill of Rights that prohibits them from “being offended.”

As a matter of fact, this country was pretty much founded on our inalienable right to be offensive. People can dislike you for for what you do or say, but governments have no business dictating decorum.

buffalodan

Feb 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    Just when I thought I had seen it all and couldn't possibly be blown away by an PC absurdity...this comes up.

Well thanks for letting me know I can still be surprised at other people's stupidity. Maybe the answer is to make all kids leave their fingers at home in case they get mistaken for guns.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I have a sign for them.

wave-finger.gif

this!!

what a bunch of f.....er... leave the kid alone!

buffalodan

Feb 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    I'd love to see this be the last straw in the "zero tolerance" BS. At some point the majority of the public has to see what an insane place this country is starting to become.

I'm sure it's just wishful thinking but I have to believe that common sense will prevail.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Zero tolerance means no tolerance for anyone or situation that doesn't conform to a limited definition of what is in their minds politically correct. The decent kid always ends up being on the wrong end of a zero tolerance policy.

I hope the parents sue the pants off of those Bozo's. That is the kind of lesson the school needs to learn.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    That works for me!!

But realistically (and probably TMI for some), "name-signs" are often related to a personal characteristic, and have no relation to anything in the "language". As an example, my oldest son had very large and attention-grabbing eyes as a child, so his "name-sign" was his first initial held up by my eyes. My youngest's was the same, but by the mouth. LOL!!

But to a 3 1/2 year old who is deaf and had been using that sign for his name since he could begin signing, THAT IS HIS NAME! To him, changing it would BE changing his name.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I wonder if non-hearing-impaired children will be forbidden to say their names out loud, if they contain "scary" gun-related names like Colt, Smith, Wesson, Ruger, Garand, Gatling, Browning, etc? We wouldn't want them to frighten the liberals, after all.

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    If I had a kid I'd name him .44 Magnum... "the most powerful kid in the world... the smell of his diaper could take a man's head clean off..." :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom