• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    We need really, REALLY good pictures of the guy we let out last week so we can let him out again next week!
    They put up some of these portable cameras when drivers were doing donuts in Downtown Silver Spring not too long ago:

You know how you stop drivers doing donuts? You put enough police (because you have enough police on the force in the first place) in areas where it occurs. Then you kettle them. Then you arrest them. Then you charge them and publicly crush their cars with a bulldozer as part of the penalty.

@spoon059 probably has better ideas for addressing this, but it's what comes to mind for me.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I’ve heard of multiple instances of that with carjackings. It’s what happens when the younger crowd barely learn to drive. They sure aren’t learning how to drive a manual.
    Manual transmissions are disappearing altogether. You can barely find any cars with them these days. Can't even get the new Corvette with a manual. I think BMW has a manual available in a few models, but it's almost absent from the make. Audi dumped them as well. With the move to electric, they'll be gone entirely... except for:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    This should be interesting. The overwhelming majority of people out and about in downtown SS late at night are black. These laws will disproportionately affect the black community.

I can see the headlines and envision the political handwringing in a couple months when only black people are getting arrested...

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
    The vast majority of inmates are male, which clearly shows police are systemically sexist. It's not because they commit more crime... Jeez.

Can't find the Legislation yet, but here's what expected of "business owners":

Cameras, Lighting, Window Tint, etc....

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I almost can't wait for the Purple Line. Straight shot from lower PG county into Bethesda.

I worked that district for 34 months... they had BLM signs in darn near every yard, but we would get multiple calls a week about the "suspicious" black man in the neighborhood. I would have the call taker call the complainant back and elaborate and what exactly was suspicious about them. I ended up canceling the majority of those calls, cause last time I checked, being black isn't illegal (yet) in a liberal area

Figures. Those signs are performative for their friends/neighbors.

That Nike Store going in where the Amazon Store used to be on Bethesda Row will be a prime target....

Hope MoCo PD is able to staff up by then. Will probably have to park a car out front and station an officer in the doorway.

After the armed robbery at the Apple Store occurred, I saw a MoCo PD car parked out front with an officer standing inside for a while.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    They put up some of these portable cameras when drivers were doing donuts in Downtown Silver Spring not too long ago:

You know how you stop drivers doing donuts? You put enough police (because you have enough police on the force in the first place) in areas where it occurs. Then you kettle them. Then you arrest them. Then you charge them and publicly crush their cars with a bulldozer as part of the penalty.

@spoon059 probably has better ideas for addressing this, but it's what comes to mind for me.
    Those are "minor traffic offenses" that the council otherwise doesn't want us to enforce. If I was still in a patrol function, I would absolutely refuse to "selectively enforce" these violations. Almost 100% of those involved are minorities, so I consider it racist to enforce those laws.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Those are "minor traffic offenses" that the council otherwise doesn't want us to enforce. If I was still in a patrol function, I would absolutely refuse to "selectively enforce" these violations. Almost 100% of those involved are minorities, so I consider it racist to enforce those laws.

1668631015268.png

I use this often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom