Montgomery County data shows ongoing major challenges with police staffing, recruitment

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Sadly, we're increasingly running out of places to go.

Cities, then counties, then whole states....the swaths of "no go" get larger and larger.
    Yes, this is the truth. Some say that what goes on in MoCo stays in MoCo but it most certainly does not. MoCo influences the state and the state influences the fed. The 10 electoral votes are a lock for D in Merryland. Yeah I vote in every election but it is symbolic at best. I have no representation in this state and I never will.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This is what happens when you constantly berate and keep telling the public how bad police are. Montgomery County and MANY other counties nationwide have done the same thing and now they wonder why officers are leaving en masse.
    It’s not rocket science

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    How much worse are they willing to let this get? MoCo PD is already past the inflection point and in a death spiral…
    The feckless upper mgmt is at the mercy of the executive and council, because they are all weak and worried about their jobs, rather than doing the right thing.

The executive and council collectively have the moral connotes of a windsock and will do whatever they believe is politically expedient. It will only be a "problem" when it's too far gone, which we are quickly coming towards. Then again, the idiot collective voter in Montgomery County will continue to elect the same politicians, so it won't ever be a problem for the politicians.

And as we've seen, they can publicly decry the police and call the station commander whenever they need help and demand service they their constituents won't receive.

So, the sky is the limit in my estimation. I've got 1203 days left in this cesspool, then I'm gone with my pension and this place can continue to fall apart. I've warned my parents and invited them to move south with me, but they won't.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I called the non-emergency number the other night. They never picked up. I drove to the precinct at Randolph and GA Ave before they ever answered the line.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    So help me if you get to design your own badge.
    So help me if you get to design your own badge.

images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    This explains the restrictive carry law passed late last year, with the police force shrinking there was a danger that legal wear and carry permit holders may interfere with the growing crime rate, there is a danger of less murder in the parking garages, less illegal drug deals, perhaps the horror of streets safe for women to walk alone upon at night. I am not sure why the County council wants more of those things, but who understands what motivates professional politicians?

Enfield303

Feb 12, 2011
    Harford County
    Harford County Sheriff's office is about to graduate a new recruit class of 31 deputies. The HCSO pays well, has good leadership, and operates in a county that supports law enforcement. :cool: I think I should apply for a large government grant to study why some jurisdictions can't find enough police officers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom