• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I think that's what they'll do, too, though the prospect of #3, some unknown thing, lingers in the back of my mind.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    The County is asserting the right to regulate possession and transport on your property, having limited the exemption to possession "in" the home. So, yes, the text of Bill 21-22E would bar you from possessing on your property outside the home if you are within 100 yards of the any one of these prohibited locations. Yes, I know that is absurd. Which is why MSI is suing them on multiple grounds, including preemption and 2A grounds
    So, on January 9th, What is the chance of having Judge to obtain the PI and TRO?
    MSI is likely to succeed on the merits of the claims in his lawsuit; and second, that he is likely to suffer irreparable harm unless the court enjoins the other party's conduct. The complaining party also must show "that the balance of equities tips in his favor, and that the injunction is in the public interest."

Maybe I'm biased... Seems to me the complaint you filled meet these 3 requirements. And MC can't overcome any of these factors!

The Fact Is:
    Jefferson begins the Declaration by discussing natural rights. Jefferson places the origin of natural rights in the “Laws of Nature of Nature’s God,” as well as being self-evident. Natural rights spring from very nature of man. These right are “unalienable,” meaning that they can be neither taken nor given away. Any government action attempting to infringe such rights would be by its very nature illegitimate. These rights exist, not according to which group you categorize yourself, but belong instead to each individual. Jefferson makes clear that natural rights are not a gift of government, to be arbitrarily modified or expunged by the stroke of a pen or will of a tyrant, but instead belong solely to each sovereign individual.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So, on January 9th, What is the chance of having Judge to obtain the PI and TRO?
    MSI is likely to succeed on the merits of the claims in his lawsuit; and second, that he is likely to suffer irreparable harm unless the court enjoins the other party's conduct. The complaining party also must show "that the balance of equities tips in his favor, and that the injunction is in the public interest."

Maybe I'm biased... Seems to me the complaint you filled meet these 3 requirements. And MC can't overcome any of these factors!

The Fact Is:
    Jefferson begins the Declaration by discussing natural rights. Jefferson places the origin of natural rights in the “Laws of Nature of Nature’s God,” as well as being self-evident. Natural rights spring from very nature of man. These right are “unalienable,” meaning that they can be neither taken nor given away. Any government action attempting to infringe such rights would be by its very nature illegitimate. These rights exist, not according to which group you categorize yourself, but belong instead to each individual. Jefferson makes clear that natural rights are not a gift of government, to be arbitrarily modified or expunged by the stroke of a pen or will of a tyrant, but instead belong solely to each sovereign individual.
    The Fact is that you will become a criminal if you are arrested for breaking laws that are facially illegal themselves. You will be incarcerated, tried and convicted, and probably bankrupted in the process. You will be judged by those whose selection process is intended to eliminate anyone who opposes the dominant agenda. Your jury will be composed of those who have been allowed only the "information" deemed useful to mold their opinions.

The Fact is that the nation has been seriously corrupted, in an ongoing process focused on transforming it into a fiefdom for the corrupters.

The supposed Ideals that the nation was founded upon are no longer taught to the young; in fact, the very basis of the nation is attacked by the "educators".

Etch2

May 30, 2021
    North Potomac MD
    That post says it’s unclear if the victim was stabbed or shot. Well, duh. It’s currently illegal for permit holders to carry in a county garage, and likewise for everyone else. So, couldn’t have been a gun. Unless … unless …. No, it couldn’t be.
    Latest police posting stated 'apparent gun shot wound'

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Because of Montgomery County's new law he must have been shot from over 100 yards away because that parking garage is prohibited from anyone carrying firearms within 100 yards. :sarcasm:

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I seriously hope if you guys are carrying and just so happen to be by a county garage that u would defend yourselves.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    And no reporter agent from the ministry of propaganda ever calls this out.
    The narrative must be maintained at all costs.

They will violate every ethic and oath to maintain it.

Calling these people hypocrites doesn't faze them. They don't care about being called hypocrites or having that pointed out to them. It's actually about hierarchy and power. They will be hypocrites if it ensures that they (or their team) have power through that hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Poor guy never got his ice cream

This is of some concern to me as I walk my dogs late at night in the SS area. (One of the main reasons I do so at night is the scarcity of humans in the area. They're easier see, and easier to avoid. Most of them are unwilling to mess with a pair of pitbulls.)

There's a comment expressing surprise that the area is not festooned with security cameras. Odd that no one questions the need for them. It must be a comfort to these folks that their murders will be pictured on the news, and police might find the killers.

The thought that I'm a danger to the community by exercising my permitted right of self-preservation typifies the local legislative mindset.

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    If there is a bright side this and other attempts at unconstitutional laws means they are acknowledging that the people are interested in protecting themselves despite claims to the contrary by some.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I would love to see an a resident mobile app dev. create an app that shows all locations and radius To show said epic mine field.
    the amount of time it would take to develop such an app would all be in vain. 2 months from now it wont matter nor do I know anyone following this law. From biz owners, to some of my clients who have either been gun owners their entire lives or new ones.

A contractor I know had his truck idling in downtown rockville yesterday and a guy hopped in and stole it while it was snowing sideways. Rockville city cop when asked about the moco law said he had no idea about it. He was a CPL rank.

Last edited:

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    the amount of time it would take to develop such an app would all be in vain. 2 months from now it wont matter nor do I know anyone following this law. From biz owners, to some of my clients who have either been gun owners their entire lives or new ones.

A contractor I know had his truck idling in downtown rockville yesterday and a guy hopped in and stole it while it was snowing sideways. Rockville city cop when asked about the moco law said he had no idea about it. He was a CPL rank.
    O I am aware of this dance if you want to. I just thought it would be interesting. And agreed most dont even know this is a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom