• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    Oh , they * understand * it . They just feel they have a higher moral calling to disregard it .
    To be sure.

Of course, much like the nuclear option, once you open the door, you cannot control who uses it.

To set the example that law does not apply (respecting preemption in this case), is a bad precedent for the masses to observe.

Of course at the rate society is unraveling, are we surprised…?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Those two letter abbreviations are stupid and inhuman. They were introduced for the convenience of computers. Screw the durn computers. Pennsylvania is still Penn. or Penna. or Pa., but not PA!

Maryland will always be Md., not MD. You're an Md. MD, not an MD MD. That is just absurd.

Statements of this nature, disrespecting the supremacy of your digital masters, will result in termination of your access.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Those two letter abbreviations are stupid and inhuman. They were introduced for the convenience of computers. Screw the durn computers. Pennsylvania is still Penn. or Penna. or Pa., but not PA!

Maryland will always be Md., not MD. You're an Md. MD, not an MD MD. That is just absurd.
    At least my organization only uses the two letter postal abbreviations for addressing mail. In all documents thankfully we use the old school abbreviations.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Wasn't that why zip codes were devised and introduced?

They both started about the same time. Come to think of it, it was about the same time the CIA allegedly staged a coup by killing JFK.

That was just before new TVs were mandated to receive UHF, amber lights were eliminated before the green, plastic sandwich bags began replacing waxed paper, and the Gulf of Tonkin Hoax set the stage for more efficient mind control techniques through the use of color tv.

It all begins to make sense.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Happened shortly after midnight on November 14, 2022.

If only Bill 21-22E had already been in effect (Elrich signed it on November 28, 2022) this man would have followed it and not carried a handgun to Clyde's, which is within 100 Yards of the Barlow Building which contains medical offices licensed by the Maryland Department of Health. ("community health center, including any health care facility or community-based program licensed by the Maryland Department of Health")

I wonder if they would have actually charged him under it anyway. Would have given standing for enforcement....

Update on this:

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    OK to play devils advocate. In a way its good for us, it means that the panels decision on the monkey county law stands. For now the county has no ability to over turn it, unless the en banc puts a stay on the panels decision.

If they try that I would bet it gets fast tracked to scotus fast.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    OK to play devils advocate. In a way its good for us, it means that the panels decision on the monkey county law stands. For now the county has no ability to over turn it, unless the en banc puts a stay on the panels decision.

If they try that I would bet it gets fast tracked to scotus fast.
    You are confusing two different cases.
    The current ruling against MoCo was in the district court for Maryland, not the Federal Court. And the ruling will only stand probably as long as MoCo does not appeal. I am betting that if they appeal, all bets are off, but we will have to wait and see what both side come up with.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    You are confusing two different cases.
    Your right, I forgot there was the state ( preemption ) and fed case ( 2a ). I kind of wonder if they are thinking the preemption case moots the 2a case, or are afraid the 2a will moot the preemption.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Your right, I forgot there was the state ( preemption ) and fed case ( 2a ). I kind of wonder if they are thinking the preemption case moots the 2a case, or are afraid the 2a will moot the preemption.
    The en banc is on a different court case, against the HQL. Not a different arguement against MoCo, a different case against MD. Each exists separately as if the other does not exist.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Considering the multi-front attack on the Constitution and everyone rights...it's no wonder it gets confusing considering few of us are attorneys that specialize in such actions. There's little doubt that many attorneys can't keep it straight either...particularly those that defend the state or local entity attacking us.

Last edited:

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Considering the multi-front attack on the Constitution and everyone rights...it's no wonder it gets confusing considering few of us are attorneys that specialize in such actions. There's little doubt that many attorneys can't keep it straight either...particularly those that defend the state of local entity attacking us.
    Or that chick judge on the 4CA itself. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom