• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOM must be feeling the heat - he trotted out Batts and his other brass-hat police careerists yesterday to spew the same nonsense. I noticed Batts didn't mention how many shootings have taken place in Da Ci-tay with "assault weapons". Oh, you mean there haven't been any?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    MOM must be feeling the heat - he trotted out Batts and his other brass-hat police careerists yesterday to spew the same nonsense. I noticed Batts didn't mention how many shootings have taken place in Da Ci-tay with "assault weapons". Oh, you mean there haven't been any?
    Gee, trotting out Batts again. That man only knows how to give an emotional plea, with no true data backing him up. He was emotional at my brother's graduation from the BPD Academy as well (I know I heard the "Oakland boy" story there too, and that was before hearing his incessant whining since this whole MoM fiasco started up with this session).

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I think having entire families would be great public relations for our side. The anti crowd still tries to paint us as nothing but a bunch of angry old white redneck guys. If both parents are there, one can go out with the baby if he/she gets fussy, right? And don't politicians love babies? They're always kissing them.

You all bundle up tomorrow, though. You'd think with all the hot air emanating from the legislature that State Circle would be a tropical zone, but I don't believe I've ever been colder than I was that morning we were standing in the shade waiting to be admitted to the House building when the wind was blowing about 20 knots.

I also think it's great having as many wives there as possible since they view us a mostly male group. Pretty sure that thinking changed though with all the town hall meetings and testimony given by the ladies in our group.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I am new to the forum and don't know the ins and outs of going up to Annapolis. I want to take my entire family up tomorrow morning and be there by 9:00 to just watch like you said and just so they know Pro 2A people are watching, but is it ok to have a 3 month old baby with us?

I was there on 3/1/13 and testified, but I just don't know if its ok to bring the entire family.

welcome aboard

IMO, bringing the family would be fantastic! They'll get a civics lesson, and the critters will see a wider variety of interested citizens.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    there is a session tomorrow, but what are they actually voting on? i have not heard a peep and that makes me skittish. without the right amount of time to digest it, sounds to me like its just going to be rammed through.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    there is a session tomorrow, but what are they actually voting on? i have not heard a peep and that makes me skittish. without the right amount of time to digest it, sounds to me like its just going to be rammed through.

From Patrick's post #60...

Originally Posted by Elliotte View Post
    I must be missing something somewhere, what business is going on in the House on Saturday? I don't see anything on the schedules online, and I wouldn't think of Saturday as a normal workday for the legislators. I'm not trying to poo-poo the efforts, just trying to figure out what I'm missing.

It's a standard day for them to get work done. The closer you get to the end of session - and next week's "crossover" date - the more they need to burn oil to get things done and moving. There is a chance the gun stuff will come up, but it is just as likely to be lots of blah blah about laws on dogs and cats.

The point is to let them know we are there, as they are considering this stuff off the floor. A lot of action is happening behind the scenes - there are a lot of lawmakers talking about the consequences of these bills. We need to remind them that voters are the consequence of bad decisions.

This is a pure show of strength.

JasonW

Feb 26, 2013
    welcome aboard

IMO, bringing the family would be fantastic! They'll get a civics lesson, and the critters will see a wider variety of interested citizens.

Yeah, I have 5 kids! 2 are teens that are very interested in what Maryland is turning into politically and what our elected representatives are trying to take away from us! My wife and the 3 older kids all love shooting at the range and they all feel a lot safer when Mom and Dad have the means to protect them should the need arise!

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    I think I've managed to convince the wife and son (5th grade) to join me tomorrow.

The wife wants to know if the Sunday best dress code is being requested? I told her I didn't think so. She doesn't own any camo or "gun's don't kill people, I do" shirts so no worries there.

Annapolis is a little bit of a trek and we're relatively new to MD so they've never been there and I've only been there to deal with the GA hearings during this session...

So does anyone know of any places or activities they would enjoy visiting or doing after we're finished with the protest?

stu929swife

Mar 12, 2013
    Hagerstown MD
    I kinda go the other way with it. I'm not doing it for myself or any of you. It's for all of those that came before us that sacrificed so much, up to, and including their life, to give us, their children, grand children, and great-grand children the rights and freedoms we now enjoy.

Who the hell am I to allow those hard-earned, precious jewels of freedom to be stolen away without a fight. My forefathers expect and demand no less, anything other is diminishing and dis-honoring their actions and deeds.

That's why I fight for these things.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I think I've managed to convince the wife and son (5th grade) to join me tomorrow.

The wife wants to know if the Sunday best dress code is being requested? I told her I didn't think so. She doesn't own any camo or "gun's don't kill people, I do" shirts so no worries there.

Annapolis is a little bit of a trek and we're relatively new to MD so they've never been there and I've only been there to deal with the GA hearings during this session...

So does anyone know of any places or activities they would enjoy visiting or doing after we're finished with the protest?

The MD State house has a bunch of stuff to look at in regards to MD history. The US Naval Academy is a couple of blocks away and always good to walk around/look at.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Momentum has shifted.

Plan to stand in the gallery of the General Assembly this Saturday and watch your lawmakers in action. We don't need a rally - all we need is a silent presence. They need to feel us watching them. Make no mistake - our momentum is very real.

They need to be reminded that while O'Malley has no election in 2014, they enjoy no such luxury. They need to know we will be there in 2014 to educate the people on their rights and about those who protect them. We don't expect a vote on gun bills Saturday, but it might happen. This is more about letting them know we are still here, and that they will not benefit from holding votes in secret. We will be there on "Any Given Saturday".

Plan to show up at 9AM to be seen by our lawmakers on the steps of the State House and again in the gallery as they conduct business on Saturday. We must demonstrate that our resolve remains strong. We will not compromise.

How will they know that we oppose the bills? :confused:
    We all know the :crazy: things they say and how they like to twist everything around to suit them.
    Won't they look up and be like "Oh, look at all the people that came to support this bill..."

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    How will they know that we oppose the bills? :confused:
    We all know the :crazy: things they say and how they like to twist everything around to suit them.
    Won't they look up and be like "Oh, look at all the people that came to support this bill..."

MSI is usually pretty on the ball with some kind of sticker that very clearly identifies who we are and why we are there. A bunch of people with blue "Guns saves lives" stickers doesn't leave too much room for spin.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I have heard from a politico friend that he has lost a lot of support at the national (DNC) level largely because of the bill itself being such a charlie-foxtrot the way it's written. That handgun licensing stuff wrecked the bill.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

"Sunday best" is different today from when I was a kid. That said, people show up in all sorts of clothing. Business attire would not be inappropriate. Personally I'd go at least one step up from jeans and t-shirt. Business casual (khakis and polo) or better.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

There are some shops to visit on Main Street including some with trinkets to buy for a little kid.
    Kilwins Chocolate will make everyone happy.
    Kilwin%27s%20Combo%20-%20Copy.jpg

Down by the docks they have a double decker sight seeing boat that is nice to do and not too expensive. http://cruisesonthebay.com/event/...obviously the better the weather, the more enjoyable.
    The Naval Academy and various historic sites depending on your level of ambition.

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

"Sunday best" is different today from when I was a kid. That said, people show up in all sorts of clothing. Business attire would not be inappropriate. Personally I'd go at least one step up from jeans and t-shirt. Business casual (khakis and polo) or better.

I don't think a good looking tidy pair of jeans with a sweater or long sleeved shirt would be out of line, especially for teens. I look stupid in jeans so I wear tailored slacks or a skirt. (NB: fellas, don't wear a skirt.) Most important, though: comfortable shoes!

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    MSI is usually pretty on the ball with some kind of sticker that very clearly identifies who we are and why we are there. A bunch of people with blue "Guns saves lives" stickers doesn't leave too much room for spin.

Worse case, write '2014' on the backs of your hands, or your cheeks, with black Sharpie. This shows that we will remember at election time next year. Is Sharpie permanent...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom