• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    I have received complements on mine by law enforcement. I also have the U.S. Flag, the Gadsden flag, Support our troops, NRA, etc. I have the U.S. flag and the Gadsden flag flying in front of my house. I have also received a complement on those by a LEO who stopped in front of my house to tell me how much he liked it. If it ticks off the anti's, that is their problem. I will not apologize for exercising my second amendment rights.

Any police officer I have ever spoken to supports the second amendment. It's the higher ups, who owe their promotions to the politicians who must state the party line of the boss or risk hurting their career.

Thank you

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    If no one knows what it means it serves no purpose at all.
    If someone does it just a 'me to' which serves little purpose.

If you really mean it then its tactically stupid, if you don't its meaningless.
    If someone gets curious and looks it up they may like it, or they may not, if an anti or press they may do a spin story on a new ' threat to the police'. This may hurt, or in may be ignored but it will not help.

At best its harmless posturing. The moderates will either ignore it or repel from it and the antis may exploit it.

The risk reward to our cause is more risk than reward.

As far as being sketchy you miss the point. No one is being sketchy. If you mean it,and only if you mean, it is tactically stupid. If you don't then its meaningless.

So find something you can mean or say nothing. I am not taking about law enforcement getting the wrong idea, they know the context. I am thinking of the next press driven hystera.

For the record I am not sketchy in any way. That was not the context in which I was speaking.

Hope this clears that up. We are all ambassadors for the cause. Less in your face more soft sell works better IMHO.

This is rather incoherent and it dances all around touching on the same point in several times. Frankly im a little perplexed by it. Either way,I am still unsure how i am hurting our cause. And what do you "tactically" stupid? In English please. Would a "Browning" sticker also do such damage?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This is rather incoherent and it dances all around touching on the same point in several times. Frankly im a little perplexed by it. Either way,I am still unsure how i am hurting our cause. And what do you "tactically" stupid? In English please. Would a "Browning" sticker also do such damage?

Browning says you own guns. It does not say you intend to use them. If you see it otherwise then fine.
    If you do not think the non gun owner will misunderstand then fine.
    If you think the media will not launch an unfair and misleading scare story to increase support for gun control then fine.

I do not intend to discuss this further.It has arguably been given to much thought already.There are better ways to spread the word about 2a. The more inflammatory messages may do more harm than good.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I learned long ago not to plaster my car in overt bumper stickers after I had a cup of vomit poured on my Subaru in the parking lot of Montgomery College, presumably because I had a Ron Paul sticker.

I have a Steelers magnet right now and that's it. The gf has GLOCK, BCM, Beretta, Engage Armament, Fred's Sports, Wounded Warrior Project and other stickers on her back window. We woke up yesterday to half a dozen broken eggs all over her car. :sad20:

IMO stickers can draw unwanted attention from LEO, thieves, vandals and douches. I know I have mean-mugged, stink-eyed, cut off and flicked off plenty of people with liberal bumper stickers... lol. I lay low so I don't get the same treatment. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Browning says you own guns. It does not say you intend to use them. If you see it otherwise then fine.
    If you do not think the non gun owner will misunderstand then fine.
    If you think the media will not launch an unfair and misleading scare story to increase support for gun control then fine.

I do not intend to discuss this further.It has arguably been given to much thought already.There are better ways to spread the word about 2a. The more inflammatory messages may do more harm than good.

Ohhhh so molon labe means "i will shoot" not come and take them? Makes sense to back out now, considering your hole is getting deeper. Smores im sorry to hear that, that is cowardly to say the least.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Same discussion, different stickers

We had a discusson on MDS similar to this a while back about gun organization sickers.

I have by beat up Toyota festooned with every gun org sticker available (I'm a member of most all of them), along with an MDS sticker and a Legally Concealed Sticker. It's the perfect counter to the Obama/Biden and O'Malley/Brown stickers driving the DC beltway with me everyday. So far, no one has cut me off, or thrown eggs ... I wonder why ?

I had occasion for AACo's finest to visit on evening a while back, and noticing the stickers, the officer asked if I was a "gun guy". I said, "how'd ya guess ?"

He proceeded to tell me he was on MDShooters also and had bought an Clandestine-built AK from Scott's.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Ohhhh so molon labe means "i will shoot" not come and take them? Makes sense to back out now, considering your hole is getting deeper. Smores im sorry to hear that, that is cowardly to say the least.

OK well now I understand. I did misunderstand, my bad.
    "Lay down your arms "
    "Come and get them--- no no we are not isueing a challenge were just too tired to carry them over to you ourselves. Why would you Think that?, I mean with the war and all I guess it could sound like a threat, but no no not at all-... here take them all.

Even if I misunderstood what you mean, I did I missunderstand what the Spartan s meant? If so they I apologize to them as well and stand corrected. No hard feelings.. no harm no foul...
    Agree to disagree etc ..etc..

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Please exercise your 1A Rights via your automobile, body or any other of your private property.

Just don't come whining and crying if somebody vandalizes your property in their disagreeing with you or a LEO feels your advertised views gives him PC to search your person or property for possible illegal weapons.

As for me, I don't even do Affiliation Plates on a vehicle. I don't advertise anything.

I like and enjoy being an enigma to strangers and even some family and friends.

Once you make your move, you'll quickly know where I stand and how far I am willing to play the game but I don't feel the need to advertise it or tip my hand to anyone.

Sometimes, it is better for some people to find out that Walt Kowalski was right because they might not believe your bumper sticker.

Last edited:

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Please exercise your 1A Rights via your automobile, body or any other of you private property.

Just don't come whining and crying if somebody vandalizes your property in their disagreeing with you or a LEO feels your advertised views gives him PC to search your person or property for possible illegal weapons.

As for me, I don't even do Affiliation Plates on a vehicle. I don't advertise anything.

I like and enjoy being an enigma to strangers and even some family and friends.

Once you make your move, you'll quickly know where I stand and how far I am willing to play the game but I don't feel the need to advertise it or tip my hand to anyone.

Sometimes, it is better for some people to find out that Walt Kowalski was right because they might not believe your bumper sticker.

Best post so far...

My car can't defend itself from idiots so I don't 'provoke' them with dumb stickers. Learned that from my hot rod days

EvilOlive

Salty Marine
    Dec 13, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Far from an anti here actually. I just choose not to put stickers on my vehicles so I dont draw attention, its simple. If you want to put them on yours thats fine, do it. The poster asked for OPINIONS and I gave him mine.

I think the smily face was supposed to convey that he was just joking...

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Personally, I don't put any stickers on my car for two reasons.

1) I don't want some jackass doing something stupid to me because I support something he/she despises, whether it's a football team, political sticker or other.

2) When I do something stupid to some jackass, I don't want others to think that supporters of something I support are idiots.

For example: I don't want the idiot with the Obama sticker to know that the real reason he just got 'accidentally" ran off the road was his political leanings.

Rob

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

Thanks, our property manager says if we catch them doing it again (or the punk ass kids putting graffiti on walls, kicking out window screens in stairwells... which has happened on our floor/building) they want their description because it's ground for eviction.

Not everyone in law enforcement is looking to take away or arrest a legal, law abiding gun owner.

True, but all it takes is one that disagrees on a bad day to ruin your life for the next several months. I realize most leo are cool but then I see them on these panels or at press releases where the brass are pushing for gun control. I'm sure there are some lower on the career ladder that agree.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Ellegon

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    Parkville
    The second post and accompanying photo are mine. The reason is to make my support clear! If you know what it means you know where I stand. If you don't know what it means you can find out easy enough.
    The bigger reason is my job. I have a job that most don't know exists. It is, on a good day extremely difficult. You see I am a vocational instructor. I train 16-24 year old at risk youth.I train them in hard trade skills such as carpentry,plumbing and electrical work.Most students are from the inner cities,poorly educated,with little to no social skills,other than what they pick up on the streets.The stickers serve as an ice breaker.

Here's how it usually goes' Cool zombie sticker yo! WTF does Mooan AAbe mean. I tell the to look it up and get back to me.They have internet access in their dorms(they are housed on center)The next day or so they tell me what they found.

Seems easy enough looking at it from the outside. What I have accomplished with those 2 stickers is actually monumental. Here's why ...The student has learned to use the internet to access information. Very important in later training. The student had a brief history lesson,never a bad thing.The student(unknowingly) has accepted and followed through to completion an assignment.Last and most importantly a 55 year old white guy from the burbs just opened a meaningful dialogue with a young kid from the streets.
    If I can have a reasonable conversation about a very controversial topic imagine how much easier it is to teach them about wiring a switch! Just my $.02

Mavourneen

Lover of Walthers
    Feb 7, 2013
    Silver Spring-ish
    Sticker was on my desk waiting for me this morning. It's about 6" in diameter, Minute Man in the center.

Still undecided.

20130212_081249_zps5daa8324.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom