• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    What the hell is a gun moderator? I’m familiar with moderators for large meetings/seminars, but not with guns.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What the hell is a gun moderator? I’m familiar with moderators for large meetings/seminars, but not with guns.

In this context , it's a thing attatched to an Air Gun , that does the same thing as would a suppressor on a firearm . ( Except it's not NFA )

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    In this context , it's a thing attatched to an Air Gun , that does the same thing as would a suppressor on a firearm . ( Except it's not NFA )
    So it's like a BB gun silencer? I've never heard of such a thing - sounds cool though.

I wonder if you'd have an issue if you had a 17 HMR and a moderator if they'd nail you with constructive possession?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    This is air gun forum folks, Moderator wording used so they are not confused. Air gun moderators would explode on even a 22 I recall.
    I thought I saw some people posting here before so you may need to search mr OP

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I have one. I was running it on my Crossman 2240 I built. It does reduce the shot signature. A seal is bad on it somewhere and I need to take it apart and fix it. As soon as you put the CO2 in it it starts to leak. I think I got mine from Great Britain.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I have a Diana Chaser .177 rifle/pistol kit. It came with a moderator on the rifle barrel. It does reduce the sound when firing and can be swapped over to the pistol barrel.

Grabbed this for shooting in my apartment without disturbing my neighbors. It is my quietest air gun with the moderator threaded onto a barrel.

Set mine up as a pistol with an inexpensive pistol scope. It is a cheap way for me to practice, helps to keep my skills from fading, and quite a bit of fun because of the accuracy. At 10 yards, it is capable of cutting a playing card in half if I do my part.

The moderator does not seem to affect the accuracy at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom