• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    I think just so long as its a cash and carry item you are free to make an offer on the spot. If its regulated then you'd have to do the transfer through an ffl or MSP.

We could make off with a lot of firearms seeing how MCPD isn't even offering money...

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I just posted to Facebook telling any of my MoCo friends if they wanted to turn their guns in to me, I'd make a donation to their wallet instead.

If this were at one location, I'd find it way easier to stake out.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I pretty much doubt you can attempt to buy any guns coming in for "disposal" at a gun buyback function. That would really upset the leftwing politicos trying to make it seem like they are doing something about gun violence.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I pretty much doubt you can attempt to buy any guns coming in for "disposal" at a gun buyback function. That would really upset the leftwing politicos trying to make it seem like they are doing something about gun violence.

And they can stop me how? On what grounds? Don't waste time replying with corner cases and running afoul of transfer rules. If someone shows up with a gun that I can buy FTF with no checks, how can they prevent my attempt?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    They can charge you with Counter Revolutionary Activity and send you to a Re-education Camp.

Or they'll be able to in just a few more years at the rate we're going, unless people push back.

Go ahead and push back. Show up with a bunch of cash and start making offers. At least tell people they could get $25 or so from a pawn shop, and the pawn shop would deal with it legally and safely.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    what is the policy of private party to private party sales for

Long Guns (unregulated)
    Handguns
    Regulated Long Guns

DCutdSE

Rebel Scum
    Jan 2, 2009
    You could pick up a great piece of history or value if someone doesn't realize the worth of what they have. Back in the day, my grandmother turned in a war prize Luger to the desk officer at a Philadelphia police department. No way that gun made it in to storage and it is a sore point in the family to this day. :sad20:

jetlagged

Feb 28, 2013
    AA County
    I'm going to have to stop by and offer to make donations to people's wallets if there is anything I like. Sounds like there will be a crowd there all doing the same thing. ;)

jetlagged

Feb 28, 2013
    AA County
    You could pick up a great piece of history or value if someone doesn't realize the worth of what they have. Back in the day, my grandmother turned in a war prize Luger to the desk officer at a Philadelphia police department. No way that gun made it in to storage and it is a sore point in the family to this day. :sad20:

Ouch that hurts. Sorry to hear she did that. :(

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    No mention of how much of a donation :innocent0

There are alot of these tag and title companies around so that folks don't have to stand in line at MVA, maybe we could offer the "service" of taking these guns off of people's hands so that they didn't have to go to the police. Even offering free pickup?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I wish I had some cash I have a bad feeling there will be a lot of WWII items being dumped. Lot of older war vets in the area with kids who don't care about the history and would love to turn something in to melt down...gotta keep them off the street since there is nothing more a gang member wants than an old mauser or springfield.....

Makes me sad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom