• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MudPuppy

Jul 20, 2012
    This article leaves more questions than answers, what's troubling is WaPo alleging the father to have over 45 guns, one of them being an "M16 Assault Rifle" and *GASP* a loaded revolver when people are there.

Montgomery teen’s many online party photos lead to drug and gun charges, police say
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...80c6-7e6dd8d22d8f_story.html?tid=pm_local_pop

The comments are much as you can imagine without even bothering to read them...

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    "I wonder if this clown is an NRA member, get back to us on that one"

Seriously?

What is the connection between the father's guns and the drugs? And what business is it of the neighbor's what guns their neighbor lawfully owns?

"I don't think anyone had any idea about the guns"

Really? Go F*** yourself

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Just another of the tens of thousands of SWAT raids we have every year. Gotta protect the people from the evil weed(by terrorizing them, stealing their property, and throwing them in prison). I guess they're lucky their dogs weren't shot, or were they? Not much info in news articles these days.
    Note: This video contains graphic real images of SWAT violence and mature language. Viewer discretion is advised.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    yeah, they kicked in a neighbor's door, and we found out later it was on the say so of a convicted drug dealer trying to save his own behind by- and this is no joke- giving the police completely random addresses.

Just for the purpose of understanding who the targets of this raid were, the occupants of the house were an elderly couple, the husband a veteran and an amputee, and their nephew in his twenties.

They showed me the charging papers and the search warrant that said the house had been under surveillance for weeks, and in going through their trash they had found "straws, for insufflation of drugs"

So let me get this straight, if the cops want to come in and wreck your shit, all they have to do is wait until you eat fast food before they can break into your house?

Of course they didn't find anything since there was nothing to find, but that didn't stop them from charging the nephew with resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer for attempting to get one of the swat officers' foot of the chest of his uncle.

I know the whole family, they're all complete straight shooters.

Later on the charges were dropped, but still. They acted like they were being so magnanimous dropping the charges, and as far as I know they still haven't gotten back a remington 870 that was seized during the raid, and have no legal way to regain the firearm, or anyone to even talk to about it.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    yeah, they kicked in a neighbor's door, and we found out later it was on the say so of a convicted drug dealer trying to save his own behind by- and this is no joke- giving the police completely random addresses.

Just for the purpose of understanding who the targets of this raid were, the occupants of the house were an elderly couple, the husband a veteran and an amputee, and their nephew in his twenties.

They showed me the charging papers and the search warrant that said the house had been under surveillance for weeks, and in going through their trash they had found "straws, for insufflation of drugs"

So let me get this straight, if the cops want to come in and wreck your shit, all they have to do is wait until you eat fast food before they can break into your house?

Of course they didn't find anything since there was nothing to find, but that didn't stop them from charging the nephew with resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer for attempting to get one of the swat officers' foot of the chest of his uncle.

Later on the charges were dropped, but still. They acted like they were being so magnanimous dropping the charges, and as far as I know they still haven't gotten back a remington 870 that was seized during the raid, and have no legal way to regain the firearm, or anyone to even talk to about it.

Yes they do. There are many threads on here about the procedure to go through to recover a firearm that has been siezed.

Odiferous Maximus

Feb 16, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    They showed me the charging papers and the search warrant that said the house had been under surveillance for weeks, and in going through their trash they had found "straws, for insufflation of drugs".

When I was in Iraq in 2009 our unit had to release a detainee captured by the unit there before us. Long story short, while searching a house after an IED went off, they found a light socket, a light switch, and some electrical wire. The officer who signed off on the detention wrote that "...in my experience these items would make a perfect detonator for an IED."

We not only released him, we also gave him his stuff back and, wouldn't you know...he installed a light in his house.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Are you talking about the OP or just ranting?

stupid

Jun 13, 2013
    Eh its just marijuana. It should be legal now anyway. No worse for you then beer in my opinion. All about how responsible someone is.

J Beard

Deplorable Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    WTF kind of charge is "keeping a disorderly house"?
    If they had come into my bachelor pad years ago I might still be doing time for that!

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Case in Rockville was closed and forwarded to the County Circuit. When it was, the charges changed:

• One count of possession with the intent to distribute
    • Firearm/drug trafficking
    • Common nuisance/administer CDS
    • 4 counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads