• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drive_accord_ingly

Aug 1, 2007
    MoCo
    Them guys over the other side of the beltway have a thread going about good places for a cheesesteak. Anyone 'round here have a good greasy spoon that serves up a good old fashioned cheesesteak or Hoagie? The closer to exit 4&5 on the 270 the better.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Is Mike and Son still open at Randolph and Parklawn?
    They made a decent greasy steak and cheese.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Ollie's in Twinbrook for the best Italian.

Another great CS is Mike's on Rollins Ave just off the pike.

Next to DQ , or across the street? One next to DQ, where one split to hasn't been making subs in quite a while. The original store still does, and they are good.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    continental pizza and subs in Kensington, corner of Connecticut and Knowles ave was the best around when I was a kid. they were still there a couple years ago.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    I might get some hate for this but I truly love Kenny's Sub Shop's cheesesteaks. It is not the best sub out there but god damn do you get a ton of meat and cheese and it is served on a bed of fries so thick that they cannot get the container to close so they have to rubber band it shut. The old Rockville location next to where Gilbert's Guns had their old storefront was also next to a PC Gaming place and that was what we ate almost weekly at 11PM in between online gaming sessions. Oh to be 18 and the metabolism of a cheetah and the cast iron stomach to eat like crap.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    continental pizza and subs in Kensington, corner of Connecticut and Knowles ave was the best around when I was a kid. they were still there a couple years ago.
    Continental is still there. A better Cheese steak and Gyro are across the street on Plyers Mill and Metropolitan ave, called Manny's Pizza & Subs.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    I might get some hate for this but I truly love Kenny's Sub Shop's cheesesteaks. It is not the best sub out there but god damn do you get a ton of meat and cheese and it is served on a bed of fries so thick that they cannot get the container to close so they have to rubber band it shut. The old Rockville location next to where Gilbert's Guns had their old storefront was also next to a PC Gaming place and that was what we ate almost weekly at 11PM in between online gaming sessions. Oh to be 18 and the metabolism of a cheetah and the cast iron stomach to eat like crap.

That is the place I mistakenly reffered to as ''Mike's" in my previous post. They are on Rollins Ave now, across the alley from Qadoba now. I will fix my boo-boo.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    South Street Steaks

4800 block Cordell Ave. in Bethesda

not the best but above average IMO.

Above average. Really? I've eaten a lot of steak and cheese sandwiches in Philly, and even the worst was better. We have a real drought around here when it comes to steak and cheese sandwiches.

One of my stops when hitting The Oaks Extravaganza gun show outside of King of Prussia, (2,000 tables April 1-3), is getting a real steak and cheese, either from Jim's Steaks, Chubby's or Dalessandros. My mouth is watering already!

drive_accord_ingly

Aug 1, 2007
    MoCo
    Above average. Really? I've eaten a lot of steak and cheese sandwiches in Philly, and even the worst was better. We have a real drought around here when it comes to steak and cheese sandwiches.

One of my stops when hitting The Oaks Extravaganza gun show outside of King of Prussia, (2,000 tables April 1-3), is getting a real steak and cheese, either from Jim's Steaks, Chubby's or Dalessandros. My mouth is watering already!

I think your post just filled in my April Fool's day weekend. Cheesesteaks, Hoagies, Pretzels and guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom