• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • In early/mid January, my basement flooded (not flooded, but boots required). I was lifting everything off the floor to lessen damage. I slipped and fell while using the shop vac and really hurt myself. After a major Dbledoc surgery on 2/12, I am finally starting to wander around the aftermath of what used to be my semi organized man cave/reloading room.
    I have no idea where most of my crap got to. Over the past few evenings, I have failed to locate 100+ pieces of .450BM brass, a ton of 6.5 Grendel brass and a stack of G19 "LE Only" Clinton era mags. God only knows what else will be missing once I realize I don't know where it is.
    On a positive note, yesterday I loaded 350 precision .308 loads at my portable "Trailer Park Single Stage Bench" in my dining room. I can set it up when my wife leaves for work and have it gone and cleaned up before she returns.

Last edited:

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    You dint sit on any of them, did you? Innuendo is always a possibility given your time in Key West.

Did you find a Sandy beach when the water receded?

Hope you find them. Wouldn’t fret. You’ve just the beginning of CRS. Can’t remember shit. It gets worse.

(I’d have asked about “help cleaning up” too but see that angle has been covered.)

Good luck with search. No need for rescue.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Me? I'd ask the wife. She'll point to some place that you've already looked, and magically, that's where thy brass shall sitith.
    Methinks this magical power is what caused womyn of olde to be thoughtest to be witches.

Me? I'd ask the wife. She'll point to some place that you've already looked, and magically, that's where thy brass shall sitith.
    Methinks this magical power is what caused womyn of olde to be thoughtest to be witches.
    My wife is a "I put it away" = "It is no longer in sight" kind of gal.
    Me- "Honey, do you know where my channel locks got to?"
    Her- "I put them away." (As she reaches under the fireplace grate to retrieve them)

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    ...Over the past few evenings, I have failed to locate 100+ pieces of .450BM brass, a ton of 6.5 Grendel brass...

I would be real worried if you are also missing matching primers, powder, and bullets. That would be concerning indications of the mice planning a revolution, and stocking heavy firepower

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    That sucks.

If you have to replace it, the best deal I've seen on the Bushy brass is at Arm or Ally, about $71/100 (Starline). For the Grendel, $59/100 (Starline) at Creedmoor Sports.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    In early/mid January, my basement flooded (not flooded, but boots required). I was lifting everything off the floor to lessen damage. I slipped and fell while using the shop vac and really hurt myself. After a major Dbledoc surgery on 2/12, I am finally starting to wander around the aftermath of what used to be my semi organized man cave/reloading room.
    I have no idea where most of my crap got to. Over the past few evenings, I have failed to locate 100+ pieces of .450BM brass, a ton of 6.5 Grendel brass and a stack of G19 "LE Only" Clinton era mags. God only knows what else will be missing once I realize I don't know where it is.
    On a positive note, yesterday I loaded 350 precision .308 loads at my portable "Trailer Park Single Stage Bench" in my dining room. I can set it up when my wife leaves for work and have it gone and cleaned up before she returns.

Make yourself stop actively looking. They'll turn up immediately.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    My wife is a "I put it away" = "It is no longer in sight" kind of gal.
    Me- "Honey, do you know where my channel locks got to?"
    Her- "I put them away." (As she reaches under the fireplace grate to retrieve them)
    Mine will put them some place, and then tell me when I ask, that she hasn't seen them. When I find them, she'll say "Oh, those, they weren't where they belonged so I moved them (pliers from counter where I had been working, to the junk drawer)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I predict, like car keys, you'll find them at the last place you look... :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom