• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PEEJAY

Dec 2, 2020
    I could have swore I read somewhere that the wear and carry accuracy test requires that you use at least .380, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere now. Maybe I was just dreaming…

As Occam said, you can carry as big or as small as you like. Be it .22 or .223- not that either of those are particularly advisable.
    well my instructors said so many things that were blatantly false i wouldnt put it past them that they screwed this up too...but the only pistols anyone was shooting for the training were .22lr unless you brought your own.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    There's nothing wrong with your .40S&W. More power than a 9mm, more mag capacity than a .45. The worst part is telling your parents that you're...never mind.

My .40's are from Shooter's Discount, so they have Sarah's stamp of approval.

Once I cleaned off the Loubricant they were fine.

wcm250f

May 13, 2013
    Wasn't sure if the hatred of 40 still existed. Thanks for the clarification. I haven't been on the forums in a few years.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I picked up some of that anti-.40S&W talk recently. So its not gay then?
    Depends entirely on whether and how you accessorize it. If you're looking at it and thinking, "Wow, imagine the shoe shopping opportunities that would come with getting the right belt for this!" then you're coming at it from a different place. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    I could have swore I read somewhere that the wear and carry accuracy test requires that you use at least .380, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere now. Maybe I was just dreaming…
    I've seen a few classes/instructors that require this, but not an MSP rule. When I decide to enroll in one, I'm going to try to avoid the ones that have additional rules beyond what the state mandates (bring an OWB holster, at least 200rds, stuff like that). And I'll likely shoot the qual with my TX-22.
    I'm ok with the bare minimum for a W&C class, I'm paying for the paper. For "real" training, I'll continue to take classes that are at my level, not a one size fits all that is either above or below where I'm at.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I've got enough FFFg, caps and round balls to shoot my 1862 Colt Pocket Navy for quals. It holds 5, so I'm GTG.

On a more serious note, is there a prohibition on using multiple pistols during a single qualification session? An LCP would be just fine at three yards, but I may break out the Glock 23 for the longer distances.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I have a .25 that fits in my jeans watch pocket nicely. Problem is having targets close enough to I can throw it at and not miss.

Who would even consider a carry 40? One orinks 40s, shoot 45 by golly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom