• teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I sent him an e-mail.

Senator Miller,

I have read in the media that you are attributing the turnout for the February 6th hearing for SB281 to "NRA robo-calls". While I am aware that the NRA did place automated calls regarding this hearing, I think you diminish the reason people came to Annapolis by the thousands. This event was largely a grassroots effort by the Second Amendment community in Maryland. We had thousands of people committed to attend before the NRA started calling. It is important to note that people came out because they are angry about the provisions of this bill. The idea that our elected officials are trying to make the case that punishing law-abiding gun owners will somehow reduce crime. We are angry that the facts and statistics are being ignored and more credence is being given to emotion. We are disappointed that the people who are there to represent us clearly have little understanding of the Constitution. People came because they wanted their voices to be heard, not because of the NRA making robo-calls. Do you honestly believe that robo-calls can get 3,000-4,000 people to come to Annapolis? Do you believe robo-calls can get over 1,000 people to stand in line for hours to sign up to testify? I feel it is important to make the distinction. I thank you for your time.

saln

Dec 28, 2008
    Miller does not want to concede and either be forced to the table or watch their efforts go up in smoke. He had hopes of this being a dunk for his party and further political gain and is now making excuses out of denial and self righteousness. If they do indeed come to the conclusion that this was a grass roots effort, they will actually have to clean their act up and work for a change, the cat is out of the bag. This is not a popular option for them, you can be assured their mistakes will be few and far between from here on, with the exception of them actually knowing what they are talking about when it comes to firearms and existing laws, this will continue in order to mis-inform the public to garner more support because it does not matter to them.

They do not want this thing getting dragged out into a protracted engagement if they can help it. We dont either but they need to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we will stay the course while at every turn, collecting "facts of record" and evidence to be used against them. They will not win this war of attrition waged against the rights of the people by hook and crook when real Americans continue to prove it evident.

Like I said before:

This could be dangerous. I think its best for someone to get to Miller ASAP and "TRY" to convince him, it was real. (theres that pesky complacement thing) These idealogic incompentents DO NOT HANDLE relinquishment of control well. Its getting close to where they have to either think about escalating the crooked shit to where it will become so painfully obvious (edit, to the mass media) and piss a whole lot more people off or actually uping the anti and coming after us harder maybe worse. I am sure the phones are smoking tonight.

EDIT: Frank Turners statement could have been born of this latest sequence of events in an attempt to either "test the waters" or a hail mary to judge opinion and start a political concensus. This could be a trap, he could be an expendable pawn.

Miller is pissed. Thing arent going so well.

Aint going so well for John Brennan either, must be "something" in the air...

They know where everyone will be from here on out and they have our names. Nuff said?

Time to drive harder.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    EDIT: Frank Turners statement could have been born of this latest sequence of events in an attempt to either "test the waters" or a hail mary to judge opinion and start a political concensus. This could be a trap, he could be an expendable pawn.
    Turner's statement (via email) was dated 12-21-12.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I don't think he really even believes his own words; it is just politically convenient to say that. He knows the difference between "astroturf" (as Nancy Pelosi likes to call it) like when the unions are paid to show up, and the difference between real grassroots support. He's been around the block before.

But I'm glad there is this controversy. The more they debate this bill, and our reactions to it, the better. The more we can remain the monkey wrench in their gears the better off we are.

We need to convince Miller that the juice is not worth the squeeze.

Poor it on, and don't let up on those emails and phone calls. Get your wife/husband involved. Ask your kids to do this too. Parents, friends, neighbors. Melt down their email servers and phone switches as long as the General Assembly is in session.

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    when I logged on last night looking for a mention of the rally, I saw this thread. I immediately sent an email to Sen. Miiller -- polite, but no nonsense. Neither I nor anyone I know got a robocall -- I got one last month on Feinstein's bill, but zero on Feb. 6th. This was Maryland, angry about how their rights were being mis-treated. Wake up, Mike!

saln

Dec 28, 2008
    Turner's statement (via email) was dated 12-21-12.

Hear what I am saying. DOES NOT MATTER, did not come to light until now, could have had this planned way before Annapolis in case things went south.

Could have been a statement released at any time, could have been "leaked".

Was it leaked or was it intentional? That is the question.

Leave no stone unturned, leave no suspicion unexamined, leave no opportunity to fools. There are no coincidences.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    My home may have been robo-called but I don't know as I hardly check the voicemails there.

I did get my orange card in the mail.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I got an orange card too. The delegates and senator listed as my reps are not in my district.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NRA still thinks I am in NY..
    Anyway it makes no difference why 2000- 3000 Mary land residents showed and lost s days pay to make a point,in cold weather, with the president messing up traffic, with the real expectation that the committee hearings were a farce, or as it turned out a chess tournament, only that they did
    If you are a pol and you are smart enough to lurk here ( or even participate Hint ) you know better.

For the rest think on this

what would happen if the robot call only asked for a vote instead of loss of a days pay plus expenses......

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Miller does not want to concede and either be forced to the table or watch their efforts go up in smoke. He had hopes of this being a dunk for his party and further political gain and is now making excuses out of denial and self righteousness. If they do indeed come to the conclusion that this was a grass roots effort, they will actually have to clean their act up and work for a change, the cat is out of the bag. This is not a popular option for them, you can be assured their mistakes will be few and far between from here on, with the exception of them actually knowing what they are talking about when it comes to firearms and existing laws, this will continue in order to mis-inform the public to garner more support because it does not matter to them.

They do not want this thing getting dragged out into a protracted engagement if they can help it. We dont either but they need to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we will stay the course while at every turn, collecting "facts of record" and evidence to be used against them. They will not win this war of attrition waged against the rights of the people by hook and crook when real Americans continue to prove it evident.

Like I said before:

This could be dangerous. I think its best for someone to get to Miller ASAP and "TRY" to convince him, it was real. (theres that pesky complacement thing) These idealogic incompentents DO NOT HANDLE relinquishment of control well. Its getting close to where they have to either think about escalating the crooked shit to where it will become so painfully obvious (edit, to the mass media) and piss a whole lot more people off or actually uping the anti and coming after us harder maybe worse. I am sure the phones are smoking tonight.

Miller is pissed. Thing arent going so well.

Aint going so well for John Brennan either, must be "something" in the air...

They know where everyone will be from here on out and they have our names. Nuff said?

Time to drive harder.

Sounds like Miller trying to rally the base which is fragmenting I do not know the personalitys yet. But consider talking around him to his base. I mean if robot calls can get people to give up a days pay it might get them to the pols as well

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Do we have any documentation of when unions paid or instructed their members to show up on behalf of the liberals? This could backfire on him if he comes off as a hypocrite

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Do we have any documentation of when unions paid or instructed their members to show up on behalf of the liberals? This could backfire on him if he comes off as a hypocrite

Haven't found anything MD-specific yet, but here are a few better-known incidents.

http://realclearpolitics.com/video/...protesters_getting_paid_60_a_day_at_cpac.html

http://rubinoworld.com/2012/09/28/seiu-union-paid-anti-romney-protesters-11hour-in-ohio/

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/04/u...ng-protesters-paid-protesters-disagree-video/

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Hear what I am saying. DOES NOT MATTER, did not come to light until now, could have had this planned way before Annapolis in case things went south.
    It came to light a while ago. Sorry, but the conspiracy theory you're looking for in that doesn't exist.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Mr. Miller needs to know that this was a grass roots effort, and not an NRA effort. To say the NRA arranged this is akin to the union demonstrations where they give people $10 and a cup of coffee to show up. It sends a much more powerful message if NRA had little to no influence.

This is the way I see it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    He does know. Believe me. Its called spin. Contact the ones supporting miller ( wish I understood more about the local politics I am new )

He is lieing via the media to sure up his support.
    Talk to them directly
    Do not lie but make clear ( provided this is all true)
    1. You were not called.
    2. You are / are not NRa or leave it out.
    3. You lost pay
    4. Say if you spoke or not.
    5. Ask them how many would have shown if it were not cold.
    6. Explain the ones who did not make it due to the president, work whatever
    7. Do not talk about President visit as convent or conspiracy its not relevant or use full even if true.. it make our numbers even more impressive
    8. Point out that Miller has a reason. For spinning this.
    9. If Miller seat is safe ( forgive me I a not up to speed here) and the person you adressing is not so lucky point it out but do not threaten. SAY Prehaps miller can afford to be complacent , but can you.
    10.. Ask does it matter why people came they .did. And if you think that robot calls did this do you think.they might get people to the pols as well.

These are just thoughts ignore at will, I am not trying to one up anyone..

I am truly sorry that I am not up to speed on the personalies so I can be more hands on.. I am trying to feel my way ..I really do not know the local history ...Will be craming this weekend and will be working find the leverage points I can press.

I do think the general rules of power politics apply.

This spin is the cry of a wounded animal . Once they start using disinformation against their own side its nearly over.

But this fight must continue even if we 'win'. I am sorry I am so late to the fight.

saln

Dec 28, 2008
    It came to light a while ago. Sorry, but the conspiracy theory you're looking for in that doesn't exist.
    I really isnt conspiracy theory, it is their standard, "atypical" modus operandi. I have been dealing with state and federal issues for the last 40 years. There is no eloquence involved in the so called "rules" when someone desires something bad enough. Its all part of the "game" and simply exemplifies just how well I have come to trust anyone in any public office based on past experiences. Where I stand, all bets are off, you can NEVER trust any of them, period

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom