• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    By becoming paranoid and fearful, these retailers are helping the anti gunners along and should be boycotted for being bitches
    The anti-2A people are certainly applauding Midway and online retailers for not selling to MD.
    So who's concern is it if the handgun is on the roster?
    My receiving FFL checks to see if a gun is legal to transfer in MD.
    Then the make and model is entered on the 77R that goes to the MDS.
    Midway spends mega$$ advertising. Every order I get a survey from them, it takes a few minutes to it fill out. It would take Midway about a minute to check the roster.
    Screw Midway.

It's an auto-boycott of their own making.

Well, if they won't sell me a gun due to their stubbornness and refusal to do their job and be educated on the matter, I'll buy my other stuff elsewhere, too. They've proven they don't need our money.

I hope you all know that this "boycott" mindset helps the antis too. Their goal is, and always has been: divide and conquer.

If anyone needs a boycott, it's the MGA and their ridiculous laws and handgun roster. But because of y'all's failure at root cause analysis (as well as a stereotypical American consumer mentality of instant gratification) , you're blaming Midway for wanting to stay in business so they can sell more guns and parts to everyone.

Get over yourselves. I'd bet that the OP went with Midway initially because they are cheaper than a LGS by a tiny amount of money. And only after not getting his way did he consideran LGS. I'd bet the next time he wants a gun, he will shop online again, instead of talking to his local brick and mortar.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Get over yourselves.
    My comment regarding "Auto boycott" was intended to reflect that by refusing to ship X to MD, they were in fact boycotting themselves.

However, if a company refuses to sell me products which are NOT excluded under MD law, I'm perfectly willing to shop elsewhere.

That has been the case for me with PSA, for example. I had previously bought many cases of assorted ammunition form them; suddenly they decided it was against the local law to ship to MoCo. I sent them plenty of info, including a copy of an email from NRA-ILA explaining that they were in the wrong. They didn't care. So now, neither do I.

Life, such as it is, goes on.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    My comment regarding "Auto boycott" was intended to reflect that by refusing to ship X to MD, they were in fact boycotting themselves.

However, if a company refuses to sell me products which are NOT excluded under MD law, I'm perfectly willing to shop elsewhere.

That has been the case for me with PSA, for example. I had previously bought many cases of assorted ammunition form them; suddenly they decided it was against the local law to ship to MoCo. I sent them plenty of info, including a copy of an email from NRA-ILA explaining that they were in the wrong. They didn't care. So now, neither do I.

Life, such as it is, goes on

Life, such as it is, goes on.

Fair enough. It's your money, spend it where and how you choose. Honestly, if the OP had an attitude like yours "I dont feel that my needs have been met as a customer so I am shopping elsewhere and I tried, with documentation, to get them to update their practice" I probably wouldn't have ranted.

But the "they are playing it safe so they are clearly best friends with the antis because they wouldn't risk their multi-million dollar business for my $500 purchase" concept reeks of false attribution and entitlement to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom