• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JmFinksburg

JmFinksburg
    May 15, 2012
    Carroll Co.
    Dicks Sporting Goods

Recently had a bad experience w/Dicks and thought I would share it. An inexperienced family member purchased a box of 20ga waterfowl loads for me for Christmas knowing I am an avid bird hunter. Prior to purchase she researched what to buy through a friend who sent an email with the exact requirements. Problem 1: I don't have a 20 ga.When I asked what happened was told the email was shown to the salesperson and that's what they directed to purchase. Email said 12ga, 3", BB or larger. Salesman gave her 20ga, 2 3/4", 4 shot. When asked why the #'s were different, salesman said the 4 shot was larger than the BB's and 20ga was better than 12. Wow talk about not knowing your product. After laughing it off, I took the ammo back to Dicks for exchange. Problem 2, Dicks policy is all fire arms and ammo sales are final and no returns. Apparently there is a sign behind the counter that is not visible from the display isles where the ammo is kept. Asked for the store manager and explained what happened. Basically was told to pound sand and wasn't getting a return and or providing store credit.... So I gave the box ammo to friend who's son uses a 20ga and wrote Dicks explaining what happened and asked them if they got their $'s worth for that $20/box of shells because I am never returning. That was two weeks ago and I haven't heard back from them. In fairness to Dick's if they decide to write back I will post their answer. However, I am not holding my breath waiting for a reply.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Recently had a bad experience w/Dicks and thought I would share it. An inexperienced family member purchased a box of 20ga waterfowl loads for me for Christmas knowing I am an avid bird hunter. Prior to purchase she researched what to buy through a friend who sent an email with the exact requirements. Problem 1: I don't have a 20 ga.When I asked what happened was told the email was shown to the salesperson and that's what they directed to purchase. Email said 12ga, 3", BB or larger. Salesman gave her 20ga, 2 3/4", 4 shot. When asked why the #'s were different, salesman said the 4 shot was larger than the BB's and 20ga was better than 12. Wow talk about not knowing your product. After laughing it off, I took the ammo back to Dicks for exchange. Problem 2, Dicks policy is all fire arms and ammo sales are final and no returns. Apparently there is a sign behind the counter that is not visible from the display isles where the ammo is kept. Asked for the store manager and explained what happened. Basically was told to pound sand and wasn't getting a return and or providing store credit.... So I gave the box ammo to friend who's son uses a 20ga and wrote Dicks explaining what happened and asked them if they got their $'s worth for that $20/box of shells because I am never returning. That was two weeks ago and I haven't heard back from them. In fairness to Dick's if they decide to write back I will post their answer. However, I am not holding my breath waiting for a reply.
    Share in the stripper lower thread?

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    This is tough...pick one of these up and have to look around for all the other parts to complete an upper assembly? Or keep waiting for a complete upper to come in stock...

Nister969

Oct 14, 2010
    You are here
    If you are building the entire upper, probably hardest thing to find will be the BCG, all the other parts can be found. Unless you're lucky and find a complete upper to your liking

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    This is tough...pick one of these up and have to look around for all the other parts to complete an upper assembly? Or keep waiting for a complete upper to come in stock...

I'd get it just in case you find the other parts.
    If you find a complete upper just sell it. At the minimum you'll make your money back....

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I really want one but may pass and just order a lower a lower and hope. Finding all tuw pieces is so hard right now. May just order and deal with the 5mo wait time.... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom