Merryland's "Lawmakers"are trying to tax Guns & Ammo.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This is just the left finding a new way to pee in the shooting communities cornflakes. If they really wanted to make a difference then they'd raise liquor taxes (alcohol fuels 30% of gun violence) and actually do something about drugs. I'm not surprised by Wes Moore, just disappointed. I think he's a typical leftie mimicking California and possesses little original thoughts of his own.

How are you disappointed with Moore? He’s a giant liberal POS, hat did you think he was going to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    What Maryland never gets is that its a small POS state. They constantly want to ban things being sold or over tax things being sold in this state not understanding that PA, WV, VA, Del are just a small drive...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Unfortunately, what the Rocket Scientists in Annapolis don't understand, is that most of the injuries caused by gun violence are due to Ghost Guns, and unregistered guns.

Utterly false assumptions.

A- There is no such thing as 'gun violence.'

B- In 90% + of deaths and injuries from Gun Shot Wounds in MD, the firearm used is NOT recovered / found/ discovered at the crime scene.

C- "Registration" never solves a murder, rape, or robbery.

To riff some more :

There is criminal violence , gang violence , drug violence, senseless violence, domestic violence, and probably some more obscure categories . All committed by human miscreants. Sometimes those miscreants use firearms, often those miscreants use other modalities. If we're talking overall Violent Crime , the definite majority .

Never has a gun spontaneously let itself out of a safe , or unwrapped itself out of a holster, and self directed start shooting people .

The so - called " Paranormal Guns " are currently a prime example of How to Spin with Statistics 101 .

Yes, if you look at actual numbers for either Firearms with Trace initiated , or Firearms used in crime ( two very different things , also greatly misused & manipulated in themselves), the numbers show X % of increase . But it's % increase from very very small to very small of actual numbers

Of the Miscreants who might also use firearms , they still remain predominantly either stolen directly , or previously stolen and subsequently re traded on the black market .

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I think you are ignoring the straw purchase pipeline from other states. Illegal commerce has no state lines

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I think you are ignoring the straw purchase pipeline from other states. Illegal commerce has no state lines
    Per MSP from 2020, 52.2% of firearms recovered from crimes, originated in Maryland.

The next closest state was VA at 11.4% and that is the only state over 10%.
    The next highest (if I remember correctly) was TN at 7.something%
    While there are firearms from out of state found at crime scenes, they account for less than 50% of the firearms recovered, and most of those were stolen (including a majority of the 52.2% from MD).
    While there are no doubt firearms that come into the state from straw purchases, the numbers aren't as great as the democrats would have you believe.

Per MSP from 2020, 52.2% of firearms recovered from crimes, originated in Maryland.

The next closest state was VA at 11.4% and that is the only state over 10%.
    The next highest (if I remember correctly) was TN at 7.something%
    While there are firearms from out of state found at crime scenes, they account for less than 50% of the firearms recovered, and most of those were stolen (including a majority of the 52.2% from MD).
    While there are no doubt firearms that come into the state from straw purchases, the numbers aren't as great as the democrats would have you believe.
    None of the anti gun legislation passed in Maryland has anything to do with public safety. None of it.. they simply hate you because you chose to exercise your 2A rights. Rights they don't believe you have... That's why many of us chose not to comply..

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    None of the anti gun legislation passed in Maryland has anything to do with public safety. None of it.. they simply hate you because you chose to exercise your 2A rights. Rights they don't believe you have... That's why many of us chose not to comply..
    I agree brother, I agree.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    They never report how many crime scenes had ZERO firearms 'recovered' (a wildly erroneous term, like the term 'gun buyback')

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    The guys selling stolen guns out of their trunks won't be sending tax checks to the comptroller. So as per usual the MGA is only punishing the law abiding.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

I wasn't ignoring it , I was discounting it . Dblas provided the exact numbers I would have had to look up .

As to Virginia , the only source to break 10% , you can't even try to necessarily attribute most of that to skullduggery , as NoVa shares the Metropolitan area with suburban Maryland , and people frequently move ( change residence) back and forth.

Reds147

Aug 4, 2022
    Pasadena
    State lawmakers in search of money for Maryland’s network of trauma hospitals may connect cause and effect — taxing firearms dealers on the guns, firearm accessories and bullets they sell.

Maryland is one of a handful of states with pending legislation that would draw funds from gun industry revenue, mirroring an 11% excise tax on firearms and ammunition California passed last year.

Unfortunately, what the Rocket Scientists in Annapolis don't understand, is that most of the injuries caused by gun violence are due to Ghost Guns, and unregistered guns.
    You cannot tax a RIGHT ..

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Thank you. OP please don’t buy into the ghost gun or unregistered gun BS because that’s exactly what it is. BULLSH*T.
    There are millions of guns in US that have no serial number that are owned LEGALLY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. I don't think the OP as done any research or read the previous threads on the subject

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom