MDSP: "Wilson CQB" (ON Handgun Roster) vs. "Wilson CQB ELITE" (NOT on Handgun Rost)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snick97

Nov 19, 2008
    So with that said ... Am I allowed to buy a "CQB Elite"?

The only difference is the Elite suffix AND as Wilson say's:

"Consider the Elite as a somewhat upgraded CQB. We replace the standard investment cast thumb safety, grip safety and magazine catch with Bullet Proof parts (machined from blocks of steel). The Top and rear of the slide is serrated and we use the U-Notch rear as standard. To cap it off, the Speed Chute (with lanyard hole) is also standard equipment. Same accuracy guarantee (1" at 25 yards)."

Thanks guys.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    So with that said ... Am I allowed to buy a "CQB Elite"?

The only difference is the Elite suffix AND as Wilson say's:

"Consider the Elite as a somewhat upgraded CQB. We replace the standard investment cast thumb safety, grip safety and magazine catch with Bullet Proof parts (machined from blocks of steel). The Top and rear of the slide is serrated and we use the U-Notch rear as standard. To cap it off, the Speed Chute (with lanyard hole) is also standard equipment. Same accuracy guarantee (1" at 25 yards)."

Thanks guys.

I'm in the same boat... I've got to petition for the Mountain Competition Pistols (MCP) 1911 to be on the list, but it's EXACTLY the same gun as the STI 1911. (MCP makes the 1911 for STI; STI simply puts in their own barrels.)

...but, because the frame says MCP, not STI, then I need petition for the match pistol variant to be added to the list.

Basically, so far as I know, as long as the frame says something else on it... like designates the model is different... then you have to petition. If it doesn't, then you just go to the store and tell them it's the same as the approved model and uses the same frame. (Which it sounds like it may.)

http://www.mountaincompetitionpistols.com/

snick97

Nov 19, 2008
    :mad54:

Sorry to hear that guys.

Are we SURE we are not being overly paranoid when it comes to a suffix addition to a model? In my case it does not materially change the BUILD of the weapon - and it is still a CQB - only the components are made of stronger materials which makes it a "CQB Elite."

Hopefully an FFL can chime in with his knowledge - or I'll try and call the MSP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom