• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yet its cool to go from Western MD to the Eastern shore on the taxpayers dime. Yup totally sounds like official business. You know exactly what was meant when that was said. Otherwise it wouldnt have been said since if it was official business it would be expected and of course it wouldnt cost the person making that trip for official reasons.
    You just think cops are better than everyone else. We are just mere peasants to yall.
    No one is doing that. That was an exaggerated example. LOL you have issues with cops and you took off and ran with it.
    Why don't you worry about bigger state issues.
    What line of work are you in? Pretty sure anyone can rip that type of business into shreds.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    No one is doing that. That was an exaggerated example. LOL you have issues with cops and you took off and ran with it.
    Why don't you worry about bigger state issues.
    What line of work are you in? Pretty sure anyone can rip that type of business into shreds.
    You already claimed to know what business I am in. So why dont you tell me?
    I have no issues with good cops. My issue is with bad cops. Considering most of my interactions with cops and what I saw when I worked with PD and state police I have seen there are many corrupt cops and judges. But thats not all. However to be a good cop in my book and I am good friends with a few you need to call that bad ones on thier shenanigans. Since as you know all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. Cops arent exempt.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You already claimed to know what business I am in. So why dont you tell me?
    I have no issues with good cops. My issue is with bad cops. Considering most of my interactions with cops and what I saw when I worked with PD and state police I have seen there are many corrupt cops and judges. But thats not all. However to be a good cop in my book and I am good friends with a few you need to call that bad ones on thier shenanigans. Since as you know all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. Cops arent exempt.
    Never claimed I knew what you do. Don't care.
    Worry about cops actually doing bad things and not worry about a little bit of gas for take home cars.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Yet its cool to go from Western MD to the Eastern shore on the taxpayers dime. Yup totally sounds like official business.

MSP management can assign ANY trooper to work ANYWHERE in the State.

The State cannot order a trooper to MOVE to a different County, or city, unless the TAXPAYER pays for the entire cost of the move.

FEW (if any) request assignments to the opposite end of the state. If the Trooper is in a State vehicle, she or he is on official business, and MUST respond to calls while in the unit and on the radio.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland

The State cannot order a trooper to MOVE to a different County, or city, unless the TAXPAYER pays for the entire cost of the move.

FEW (if any) request assignments to the opposite end of the state. If the Trooper is in a State vehicle, she or he is on official business, and MUST respond to calls while in the unit and on the radio.
    Was Bruce Wrzosek on official business in his cruiser in 2008?

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Never claimed I knew what you do. Don't care.
    Worry about cops actually doing bad things and not worry about a little bit of gas for take home cars.
    I refer you to post #49 where you seemed to claim to know all kinds of stuff about me. See thats the thing. I take issue with both. There is nothing wrong with taking issue with theft. Especially theft of tax dollars. And Ill refer you back to my previous post on good cops vs bad cops.
    But you dont care about that. All you care about is the "Perks and Power" that police get. You know something about stero-types including those about cops. Theres usually some truth in there somewhere.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD

Isnt it such ashamed it doesnt actually work that way. So Ill say it again. I am not ok with theft especially of tax dollars.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I refer you to post #49 where you seemed to claim to know all kinds of stuff about me. See thats the thing. I take issue with both. There is nothing wrong with taking issue with theft. Especially theft of tax dollars. And Ill refer you back to my previous post on good cops vs bad cops.
    But you dont care about that. All you care about is the "Perks and Power" that police get. You know something about stero-types including those about cops. Theres usually some truth in there somewhere.
    A part of the job is not intended as a perk. What part of your job will you possibly have to give your life dealing with the public who hates you? We'll wait...

My buddy is an Anne Arundel County cop who lives in Centerville. He has a take home car. You know why they allow it? Because as soon as he gets halfway over the Bay Bridge, he can respond to calls coming in for his shift, BEFORE he officially starts. The same goes for when he gets off shift, he can respond to calls up unti he gets to the bridge.

Another buddy was a Queen Anne County Deputy with a take home car, living in Pasadena. You know why The Sheriff allowed it? So that when he gets halfway over the bridge coming in for shift, he can respond to calls if needed, the same for when he gets off, he can respond to something AFTER his shift before he hits the bridge.
    Seems that purpose is lost on you.

You should belly ache about other non essential state and county employees who do have take home cars who only work Monday through Friday.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    A part of the job is not intended as a perk. What part of your job will you possibly have to give your life dealing with the public who hates you? We'll wait...

My buddy is an Anne Arundel County cop who lives in Centerville. He has a take home car. You know why they allow it? Because as soon as he gets halfway over the Bay Bridge, he can respond to calls coming in for his shift, BEFORE he officially starts. The same goes for when he gets off shift, he can respond to calls up unti he gets to the bridge.

Another buddy was a Queen Anne County Deputy with a take home car, living in Pasadena. You know why The Sheriff allowed it? So that when he gets halfway over the bridge coming in for shift, he can respond to calls if needed, the same for when he gets off, he can respond to something AFTER his shift before he hits the bridge.
    Seems that purpose is lost on you.

You should belly ache about other non essential state and county employees who do have take home cars who only work Monday through Friday.
    So now you are moving the goal post. Take home cares wasnt the subject here. Using those take home cars for personal use and charging the fuel and maintenance to the tax payer was. Specifically when It was said that it was awesome leaving western MD and driving to the eastern shore and spending none of your own money on fuel. You damn well know exactly what the means and now your trying to spin it. I guess your not used to cops being called out. Everyone used to be afraid enough to pretend it was respect and not fear. So now you have tried both changing the subject and moving the goal post. Your literally using leftist tactics.

My feed is about to get a lot quieter though. Welcome to being the first person on my block list.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So now you are moving the goal post. Take home cares wasnt the subject here. Using those take home cars for personal use and charging the fuel and maintenance to the tax payer was. Specifically when It was said that it was awesome leaving western MD and driving to the eastern shore and spending none of your own money on fuel. You damn well know exactly what the means and now your trying to spin it. I guess your not used to cops being called out. Everyone used to be afraid enough to pretend it was respect and not fear. So now you have tried both changing the subject and moving the goal post. Your literally using leftist tactics.

My feed is about to get a lot quieter though. Welcome to being the first person on my block list.
    And I said that was an exaggeration, but you took it and ran with it.

What line of work are you in again?

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I think new Troopers are starting out at about 66k which isn't bad on top of everything else. A take home vehicle that you can drive from western Maryland all the way down to Crisfield Maryland and not put 1 cent of your money in gas, is priceless.
    Especially if your side job is Lyft or UBER?

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I know a guy who spent like 17 years trying to get hired on and when he finally made it he drives almost 2 hours away to report to work. Dude misses out on a ton of family time

Entry level job, so he’s doing the same thing as someone who could be in their early 20’s, single and no kids.

The wondering what your wife is up to when you’re working midnights 2 hours from home isn’t a good perk. LOL

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    So Ill say it again. I am not ok with theft especially of tax dollars.
    It's not theft. It's poor management of personnel resources, as troopers should be allocated rationally across the state. However, it would cost millions more to pay them to move to Berlin or Rockville every 2-3 years.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    We live in MD we all risk our life every time we go to work.
    Doesnt matter that SP has statewide jurisdiction. They are assigned to areas. If you go from Western MD to Crisfield you are going on a personal trip which shouldnt be funded by tax payer money plain and simple.
    Thats an abuse of state resources. It goes right along with all the abuses of power.
    If your job scares you so bad find a different one.
    If management ORDERS a trooper to go to Crisfield, the trooper MUST go. This is not common.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Edit to add: Some MSP barracks are “full service”, meaning they work with the local county jurisdiction and do indeed respond to the domestics and such. The two PG barracks are strictly highway. St Marys and Calvert are full service. I don’t remember if La Plata is or not.

La Plata runs the wife-beaters if they feel like it. In addition, there is MDTA police looking for something to make them relevant so they run traffic miles from the bridge.

In PG they have some deal where PGPD runs traffic on the state highways. Except they don't so it's all feral.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I know a guy who spent like 17 years trying to get hired on and when he finally made it he drives almost 2 hours away to report to work. Dude misses out on a ton of family time

Entry level job, so he’s doing the same thing as someone who could be in their early 20’s, single and no kids.

The wondering what your wife is up to when you’re working midnights 2 hours from home isn’t a good perk. LOL
    I pity the fool that takes that chance to have him come early one night....

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    It's not theft. It's poor management of personnel resources, as troopers should be allocated rationally across the state. However, it would cost millions more to pay them to move to Berlin or Rockville every 2-3 years.
    You should re-read my post. Your putting words in my mouth. Where did I say they shouldnt be allowed to drive back and fourth to work? What I said is they should have to pay for at minimum fuel for thier personal trips. Better yet the cars shouldnt be allowed for personal use since its commonly taken advantage of

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    If management ORDERS a trooper to go to Crisfield, the trooper MUST go. This is not common.
    Ill repeat re-read what I wrote. Your anger or blind allegiance is showing. Your not reading what I wrote. Pay specific attention to where I wrote about official business

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I was told by a guy going through the hiring process for mdsp that if you're (I think) top 3 of your class you get to choose which barracks you land.

A moco cop told me if you score high in the class youre going to the dangerous areas like silver spring lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom