• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    I know there have been boat threads in the past but I couldn't find a 'roll call' type of thread.

Wife and I are finalizing a purchase on a late 90s express cruiser next week. We plan to keep it somewhere on Middle River. I'm thinking we'll spend a lot of time at Hart-Miller island and will hopefully make it over to Jellyfish Joel's once or twice.

So what have you got, where do you hang out, and where do you keep it?

Maybe we can orchestrate a MDShooters tie-up.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have a 240CS Stingray pocket cruiser and mostly spend my time on the Potomac River pulling tubes and hanging out at Tim's II or Gilligans on weekends. I occasionally launch at Solomn's Island and I spend several weeks each year in Ocean City. I keep my boat on a trailer at my house. The boat was named after my wife Chissy Ann - you get major points with the wife when you name a boat after them. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC00066.JPG
      DSC00066.JPG
      47.8 KB · Views: 647
    • DSC00062.JPG
      DSC00062.JPG
      67 KB · Views: 682
    • DSC00279.JPG
      DSC00279.JPG
      73.5 KB · Views: 574
    • 282455_229038290467116_100000828403239_523937_1526742_n.jpg
      282455_229038290467116_100000828403239_523937_1526742_n.jpg
      38.6 KB · Views: 675

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    I have a 240CS Stingray pocket cruiser and mostly spend my time on the Potomac River pulling tubes and hanging out at Tim's II or Gilligans on weekends. I occasionally launch at Solomn's Island and I spend several weeks each year in Ocean City. I keep my boat on a trailer at my house. The boat was named after my wife Chissy Ann - you get major points with the wife when you name a boat after them. :thumbsup:

That is a beautiful boat and looks like a pile of fun. My lovely wanted to get a tube for ours. I reminded her that a 32' with twin 5.7s is NOT a watersports boat. I tried to get her to look at a smaller boat but she was pretty hell bent on having something with a large cabin.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    I had too many guns on mine once.(it sunk):innocent0

Seriously though I'm in the market for another one but I leave out of the South River.Depending on what I end up with,I'm always game for a meet-up/raft-up/overnighter.

You can get a lot of boat for not a lot of money these days. We've noticed that people are willing to go 25% lower than their asking price. My buddy is on the South River and I really like it down there.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    That is a beautiful boat and looks like a pile of fun. My lovely wanted to get a tube for ours. I reminded her that a 32' with twin 5.7s is NOT a watersports boat. I tried to get her to look at a smaller boat but she was pretty hell bent on having something with a large cabin.

Tubing... This has happened on more than one occasion and is funny as hell when you are pulling girls with bikinis on a tube and they start frantically waving for you to stop because one lost their bottoms!

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    We keep our boat out by Sandy Point on the lift.

Little gunkholing and runs around the upper bay mostly.

The Narrows, Chestertown, Rock Hall, Magothy River, Downtown Annapolis (DTA), etc.

38740_145456272139390_1000002505462.jpg

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    Tubing... This has happened on more than one occasion and is funny as hell when you are pulling girls with bikinis on a tube and they start frantically waving for you to stop because one lost their bottoms!

I had this happen to a buddy of mine at Lake Anna. Being concerned for his safety, I towed him directly back to the dock. :innocent0

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Dogabutila said:
    Don't get too attached to your boat. Chances are high you may have a boating accident.

Yep. 99.9% of MDS members have boating accidents while traveling with their firearm collection. :innocent0

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I had too many guns on mine once.(it sunk):innocent0

Seriously though I'm in the market for another one but I leave out of the South River.Depending on what I end up with,I'm always game for a meet-up/raft-up/overnighter.
    I am selling my boat since I will be moving out of state at the end of the summer :innocent0

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    You can get a lot of boat for not a lot of money these days. We've noticed that people are willing to go 25% lower than their asking price. My buddy is on the South River and I really like it down there.

I started looking or a boat...time will tell if I find somethig I'm interesed in.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom