• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2012 POTUS poll (alphabetical choices)

• Gingrich

Votes: 29 10.9%
    • Obama

Votes: 14 5.2%
    • Paul

Votes: 142 53.2%
    • Romney

Votes: 28 10.5%
    • Santorum

Votes: 45 16.9%
    • Other (specify a candidate that is still on the ballot)

Votes: 9 3.4%

• Total voters

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Union card voters.

I was talking with my neighbor for a good hour, hour and a half. Great political discussion, we saw eye to eye on everything. Guns, illegals, border, health care, etc. Last thing I said to him was how much I hate Obama - He replies

"....yeah, me too. Sucks I have to vote for him..."

"...HAVE to vote for him? Why do you HAVE to vote for him?..."

"....because the Union told me to....."

Yup, the Union is going to have a rep standing over his shoulder watching him vote...:sad20:

Perfect World=
    Union Member in the voting booth: votes for the elected officials of his choice, based on his conscience, research and personal decisions.

The next day at work:
    Union Boss: "Did you vote like we told you to?"
    Union Member: "Absolutely, master."​

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Union card voters.

I was talking with my neighbor for a good hour, hour and a half. Great political discussion, we saw eye to eye on everything. Guns, illegals, border, health care, etc. Last thing I said to him was how much I hate Obama - He replies

"....yeah, me too. Sucks I have to vote for him..."

"...HAVE to vote for him? Why do you HAVE to vote for him?..."

"....because the Union told me to....."

That's ridiculous. How will his union know who he votes for? My wife is a union member and, while her office supports O, she will never vote for him.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    well looks like we have some more "union" members on this board, now up to 11 Obamanites ...

SSJ

Sep 16, 2011
    MD
    That's ridiculous. How will his union know who he votes for? My wife is a union member and, while her office supports O, she will never vote for him.

I have no idea. I'm just telling what he said. I'll ask him. Ask your wife too. I'm dying to know. I do know that union people are just as die hard as us gun people. So I'm guessing they will do what the master tells them. Just like I do when MSI or NRA tell me.

SSJ

Sep 16, 2011
    MD
    AND I'm guessing that if your a gun AND a union person you do which ever one you care more about.

I would sell my first born for the right to carry here. So I can't really persecute them. I'm the same way. I just have a different master. Shoot - I'd wipe Obama's ass if he got me my 2A rights. I don't care who get's it for me. I just want it.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    I don't like any of the candidates. Not one. It really depresses me that this is the lot that we have to choose from. I guess for me it will be "Anyone but Obama 2012".

This. Period, end of discussion, this.

I'm genuinely curious as to why you feel that way? I'd be in the same boat if Paul weren't in (like I was in '08), but he's a guy my Libertarian ass can get behind. Gingrich, Santorum, and Romney seriously scare me in different ways, to the point that it would be a HARD vote to hand them and not another party (or even Obama). Yeah it's that serious to me that I would actually have to THINK about voting Dem instead of one of them. It's probably a moot argument since the popular vote doesn't count and there's no way MD will go Red.

Paul is old (still has it upstairs clearly) and even a bit too extremist for ME in terms of foreign policy but he's a CONSTITUTIONALIST and that's what truly matters. He errs on the side of conservatism and the direction we need to go, so I know that he will try to make THOSE things happen, and will fall short, probably right where I want to see things. There have been arguments about him abusing Executive power to make some sweeping changes....but those are changes that must be made to return our Country to US. It's not him seeking power for himself or extending the reach of Washington and alot of those decisions he will make will be within his power to make. I fail to see the issue. He's not guaranteeing the moon, but he is guaranteeing tireless effort (and strong likelihood of success) to restoring the BUDGET equality. The debt is another matter entirely, and unless he brings the federal government to it's constitutional knees I don't see it being fixed in the near future, if at all. It's just too huge.

He's also the FIRST politician that I have donated to in my LIFE. That says something, I think.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Paul is old (still has it upstairs clearly) and even a bit too extremist for ME in terms of foreign policy but he's a CONSTITUTIONALIST

This is where I am at with Paul. I am far more aligned with him philosophically than any other candidate, but his foreign policy scares the crap out of me.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Paul.

Some of his ideas are a little extreme but for the most part, he's the kind of guy we need in office right now. I would love to see the Patriot Act and other highly unconstitutional, McCarthy-ist legislation gutted. It won't happen with anyone else. Obama promised it but just made it worse.

The possible replacement of one or two SCOTUS judges in the next four years is another big issue. As much as I don't want Obama making an anti-2A pick, I don't want a Republican making an anti-abortion or anti-gay-marriage pick either. We need a constitutionalist judge.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Paul.

Some of his ideas are a little extreme but for the most part, he's the kind of guy we need in office right now. I would love to see the Patriot Act and other highly unconstitutional, McCarthy-ist legislation gutted. It won't happen with anyone else. Obama promised it but just made it worse.

The possible replacement of one or two SCOTUS judges in the next four years is another big issue. As much as I don't want Obama making an anti-2A pick, I don't want a Republican making an anti-abortion or anti-gay-marriage pick either. We need a constitutionalist judge.

Ron Paul is self admittedly against abortion, but says thats a decision for and STATE to make and that's the right answer for me.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Out of curiosity , even if the court goes lib, its not like they could just reverse McDonald and Heller, right?

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Out of curiosity , even if the court goes lib, its not like they could just reverse McDonald and Heller, right?

A very good question. I see a lot of, "If O gets reelected, he'll put another anti on the SCOTUS and they'll reverse all our gains and eliminate the 2nd Amendment."

I just can't get behind that; I think it's a nightmare scenario for lawmakers. Congress and every state legislature would freak out if the Supremes were to actually consider it, because passing laws that would make millions of criminals out of decent citizens, or sitting on their hands and letting Zero dictate national disarmament, would be a pink slip to every incumbent for the next several elections.

I just can't help but think that the political ruling class must be aware that they're riding around on the back of a tiger.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

IANAL, but I didn't think they could just "reverse" a decision from a prior SCOTUS session. Don't they have to have a case in front of them in order to provide them the entry point to revisiting a prior decision?

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    DP. His only weakness is the Iran issue, but the other candidates have several weaknesses. Seeing as how Iran is going to do what Iran is going to do, and the USA will survive whatever they do, I say RP is still the best chance. RP is the ONLY candidate talking about making any real change in this country. The others are all about talk and maintaining the status quo. We have already had THOSE types of candidates for the last 50 years!!! reagan came close to being a harbinger of something new, but it was not enough. Why wouldn't it be logical to TRY something new??? Fact is, we need someone like RP in office MORE than any of the others, if for no other reason that he is DIFFERENT and REALLY CHALLENGES the STATUS QUO! If you can't see that, you may as well vote for Obama because Gingrich, Santorum & Romney will end up doing about 70-80% of what Obama will do in 2012-2016. Only one candidate won't. And when you subtract all of the fear mongering and war mongering done by a tiny majority of war hawks (all of whom skipped millitary service themselves), RP is WAY above all others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom