• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    It seems that lots of MDS members are friends online, but they have not had much chance to meet in person. FreeState would like to offer our facility to MDS members to meet each other. The Meet n' Greet will be held on May 19th. Come anytime between 6PM and 10PM. We will serve hotdogs, sodas and chips. Hang out, talk gun stuff or whatever.

Directions to Frees State Gun Range from I95: I95 north or south, take exit 67, White Marsh Exit (Route 43 East). Take Route 43 East approximately 2 miles to Crossroads Circle. Look to the right for the big Arbors Construction Site and the big, yellow Shuster crane. Turn right (south) on Crossroads Circle, go through and past the construction to the last and only building, turn right into the parking lot and go to the end of the building. Look for the mdshooters flag. Call 410-335-5100 if you get lost.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    It seems that lots of MDS members are friends online, but they have not had much chance to meet in person. FreeState would like to offer our facility to MDS members to meet each other. The Meet n' Greet will be held on May 19th. Come anytime between 6PM and 10PM. We will serve hotdogs, sodas and chips. Hang out, talk gun stuff or whatever.

Directions to Frees State Gun Range from I95: I95 north or south, take exit 67, White Marsh Exit (Route 43 East). Take Route 43 East approximately 2 miles to Crossroads Circle. Look to the right for the big Arbors Construction Site and the big, yellow Shuster crane. Turn right (south) on Crossroads Circle, go through and past the construction to the last and only building, turn right into the parking lot and go to the end of the building. Look for the mdshooters flag. Call 410-335-5100 if you get lost.

If the weather is funky, I'll be there (family crap permitting).

If it looks dry-ish, though, I have other primary plans.

Bri-Bet Group

Dec 8, 2010
    Baltimore County
    There will be door prizes! There will be one drawing every hour. Here they are:

Smith and Wesson First Responder Knife
    http://bri-betpolicesupply.com/product_info.php?cPath=46_206_183&products_id=32

Pelican 1120 Protective Case
    http://bri-betpolicesupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=1349

Maglite XL50 Tactical LED Flashlight
    http://bri-betpolicesupply.com/product_info.php?cPath=40_821_486&products_id=1359

Hoppe's Bore Snake Viper for .380/9mm/.38/.357 Cal.
    http://bri-betpolicesupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=1350

Compliments of Bri-Bet Group.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Had a good time chatting with Les Gawlik and his friend Walker, Randy's wife Xuan (probably spelled that wrong) is always charming, and generally hanging out with the crew is just plain fun. Once there's some sofas and easy chairs, a pool table, tables in the snack bar, etc., it's going to get harder and harder to leave. I put a few more rounds through the Randall and gave Bob an old blued magazine because it caused three jams, he tossed it in the parts box.

Would have been nice to have more people there but I guess the weather might have been a factor. Wimps. :D

Just had an idea: I bet we have some good cooks in the membership, maybe we could do a covered dish thing sometime? Tell everyone to show up hungry and try out some real home cooking.

Let's hear your ideas, people! Hope to see more of you there, too!

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    It seems like every time there is some thing going on, I'm either at the docs or dealing with the after effects from doc visit. Today after sitting in the room for four hours, they came in and wrapped both my legs in these soft cast type things going from right below my toes to the bottom of my knees. I think they used a come-along to get it tight as they wanted. So, I sat at home in pain. That's why I couldn't make it. Oh well, maybe next time..I want to get down there and miss some Bowling Pins. Whens the next match Randy??? Do it on a Friday man. I go to the docs like every Tues, and Thurs.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I thought it was great! Any time there's free food, count me in!

Right before the Meet 'n Greet, my Slide Fire stock came in the mail. It takes about 3 minutes of serious work to put in on.

I think it's terrific. It's the closest thing to a FA rifle I'll ever own. It's very controllable. It is easy to squeeze off short bursts. With a little practice, you can get select the number of rounds you want.

The only downside is that I can see my supply of .223 will quickly dwindle to nothingness. A minor downside -- anything that is not really nailed down will quickly fall off your rifle. I need to have a serious session with red Locktite.

Walker won the Mag Lite door prize, one of several. It looks like a nice piece.

What a great group we have here at MDS, and at Freestate. Freestate is great fun now, and its potential is fantastic.

snoopaloop

Mar 5, 2009
    Middle River
    I got there early and shot before the meet up. The new shelves for range bag storage are awesome! I also challenged Randy for Most Hotdogs eaten, but I think he probably reclaimed the title after I left. :)

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    damm - missed it
    Really need to hold something like this on a weekend afternoon

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I suspect this event will be repeated, and at different times and different days of the week. Most people have a set weekly schedule, and it's not possible to find one day or time suitable for everyone.

I would guess that Randy will do another Meet 'n Greet on the weekend, or another weekday evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom