MD Walmart selling to MD residents only?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jun 20, 2014
    All Walmarts do not carry guns.

The three closest Walmart stores to me stopped selling guns I beleave two years ago. I have to go west or north to find one with guns. :mad54:

HazyDayz

Jul 17, 2014
    Washington County
    I ran into the same issue the other week. Its a Walmart policy to only sell to in state residents, even if out of state is legal. Boggles me as to why, but no skin off my nose.

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    Walmart in Falston has a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle in its display case. I was kind of surprised to see it.

garciacorp

Have fun, Shoot straight!
    Dec 9, 2011
    La Plata, MD
    As far as I know WalMart has no sales restriction unless state/fed law restricts it. My local La Plata store Has several versions of Mini- 14 , as well as Mini-30 in stock plus several Henry models.

Last edited:

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    As far as I know WalMart has no sales restriction unless state/fed law restricts it. My local La Plata store Has several versions of Mini- 14 , as well as Mini-30 in stock plus several Henry models.

They told me that the computer won't even process the sale for out of state.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I believe walmart supports " buy online pick up in the store" with no shipping cost. See if that path can get your firearm to your local store. I remember a few years ago there was a popular singer that had a lyric about buying guns at walmart. (Cheryl Crowe, "Love is a Good Thing")As a national retailer they most likely get pressure form both ends of the gun control debate. I'm glad they still stock firearms and accessories in my home store.

Last edited:

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    The first time I noticed the sign restricting sales from out of state residents at a Walmart was in July 2009. I took a pic of it and posted it here somewhere.

durkspunk2112

Aug 23, 2014
    Frederick County, Md.

Last week the Wally Mart in Frederick was stocking the display cases with a new shipment of rifles. A new Mini-14 was being put in the case! At least they still have the balls to sell them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom