• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I see the site has been updated and it's really nice with all kinds of options. Would anybody be interested in creating a few social groups based on locations? I figure it could be useful to know who is near you in case you are interested in purchasing/selling to other members in your area, or maybe want to try and get someone to go to the range with you, or just to even meet up with some of the people in your area at the bar or something?

Just a thought....

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I see the site has been updated and it's really nice with all kinds of options. Would anybody be interested in creating a few social groups based on locations? I figure it could be useful to know who is near you in case you are interested in purchasing/selling to other members in your area, or maybe want to try and get someone to go to the range with you, or just to even meet up with some of the people in your area at the bar or something?

Just a thought....

I like the idea of knowing like minded people near me in an emergency.

The bar idea is a good one as well!!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    That is the reason behind my "creative distribution" of the pub glasses, meeting up with a few other like minded folks and Novus:D is a lot of fun. Thing is, we are spread out far, and some either commute far, or would like the opportunity to meet others that are not neccisarily in their area, for this reason, small regional groups might be a hinderence. I would just post a place and time, invite anyone that can make it, and hope people respond and show up.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    That is the reason behind my "creative distribution" of the pub glasses, meeting up with a few other like minded folks and Novus:D is a lot of fun. Thing is, we are spread out far, and some either commute far, or would like the opportunity to meet others that are not neccisarily in their area, for this reason, small regional groups might be a hinderence. I would just post a place and time, invite anyone that can make it, and hope people respond and show up.

But on here one of the features is "social groups", with that we can easily pin point people either in our area or in areas where we might be heading say for the day, weekend, or week.

I don't really see the hinderence in clicking on a specific social group to see where people are located, but thats just me and I respect your opinion. I guess I am trying to keep it simple. A simple way to locate where people are instead of searching each member. I think it would be great to click on lets say the "Baltimore" social group and be able to see exactly who is in that area and the click on "Eastern Shore" and find out who's down there.

I know we have threads asking where people are from, but that can take a while to search thread to thread. I know I will be down the Eastern Shore a lot this hunting season and would definetly use something like this idea to meet up with some of the people from that neck of the woods when I am in the area.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    If someone wants to organize it, I'm all for it. My neighbor, a widower for about 4 years, met his girlfriend through much the same sort of thing, only it was a social group for local area Harley riders.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I would be in but i would be one difficult person to communicate since I only rely american sign lanaguge ..

the bad words doesnt count if you guys know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom