• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    MD definitely is not in the best interest of law abiding citizens...I just moved to Idaho...got here got my drivers license and applied for my concealed weapons permit...went got fingerprinted and about 30days later got my approval notice in the mail...went in took my picture and now am waiting on my hard copy...Why cant all states be that simple??

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So unless I'm missing something, no one has actually been issued a permit, correct?

Correct. Nobody has been issued a permit without G&S. This will not come until after the CA4 issues it's ruling at the very earliest.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Wow, received a call this morning from the Rockville State Police barracks from Trooper Vucknight. I have an appointment scheduled for Weds morning for my Permit. 7 months after I initially applied, are they really that busy?

Anyone else in Moco get a call recently? How did the interview go?

Got a call from Rockville this am, as well. Trooper Steelman. My interview is scheduled for Wed, at 3 pm. They've only contacted one of my references, (my wife and the other 2 were unavailable and will call back tomorrow...).

Looks like MoCo is finally making the calls...

Jamie

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Got a call from Rockville this am, as well. Trooper Steelman. My interview is scheduled for Wed, at 3 pm. They've only contacted one of my references, (my wife and the other 2 were unavailable and will call back tomorrow...).

Looks like MoCo is finally making the calls...

Jamie

Maybe they figure they better get everyone as close to done as possible with the 24th coming up quickly, I know I'm doing a lot of wishful thinking, but it does seem kind of odd that all the sudden they are moving forward.:thumbsup:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Maybe they figure they better get everyone as close to done as possible with the 24th coming up quickly, I know I'm doing a lot of wishful thinking, but it does seem kind of odd that all the sudden they are moving forward.:thumbsup:

For the statistics to present during oral arguments.

That is the main tool the state will try to use, like it did before.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    MD definitely is not in the best interest of law abiding citizens...I just moved to Idaho...got here got my drivers license and applied for my concealed weapons permit...went got fingerprinted and about 30days later got my approval notice in the mail...went in took my picture and now am waiting on my hard copy...Why cant all states be that simple??

In PA...at most sheriffs....walk in with $20, fill out app, get pic taken, walk out with permit. 15 minutes. :D

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Had my MD permit interview today in Rockville. Nice young trooper. Said he had a stack of 50-60 to go through. Said he's interviewed tons of former military like myself lately. Told me after confirmation of work references and wife, decision should come 4 weeks later. We'll see....

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Had my MD permit interview today in Rockville. Nice young trooper. Said he had a stack of 50-60 to go through. Said he's interviewed tons of former military like myself lately. Told me after confirmation of work references and wife, decision should come 4 weeks later. We'll see....

4 weeks for a decision? Was your permit submitted with a G&S reason?

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    How long did it take before they called you for the interview?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I applied for my permit March 16th. Got called yesterday. Seems like Mo CO residents are finally getting the calls. It may be sheer coincidence, but my gut tells me with the CA4 looming, they have once again started to try and lessen the backlog in case they lose.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Interview with trooper at Rockville complete. Lasted about 15 minutes. He basically reviewed my app, and reviewed my answers

Gave him copies of my other CCW's (4) and that was it. They had lost my DD214 so I emailed him another. He asked about other training and what handgun I would carry and did I already have it. I did not give him anything else because it wasn't requested.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    This is kinda funny...

I responded to someone else in another thread about how I hadn't been contacted, but I was one of the first people to apply post decission, pre-stay.

Interestingly, less then 48 hours later, after specifically mentioning my circumstances, a TFC just called me!

So either the MSP are reading these boards (shocking, I know), my application to be a desinated collector jarred something loose from the pile, or random happenstance caused me to be called.

...but at least I've been called.

Will update the thread with information once I go through the interview.

GB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom