• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Jr.

Nov 9, 2010
    Wye River, MD
    Term limits would actually accomplish quite a bit but how are you going to get these guys to vote for it? We can't do it. They would be giving up the best job in the WORLD when it comes to benefits, pay, vacation and retirement. We have lost our govt.

12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    I got the exact same email from Sourbrains! This response is mindless and insufferably pedantic--I know what's best for you...

I live in a piece of Crownsville that is inexplicably in S's district--but he has never even come close to visiting the area. Totally missing in action.

I belong to probably 12 different organizations that meet regularly--veterans, civic,religious, fraternal, retiree,hobby, service groups. Most of these are in S's district . My goal for the coming year will be to use the social interaction
    in meetings and events to convince at least 100 people that S is not worthy of staying in office.
    If I can convince only 10 other people to do the same it would make a dent in
    his voting numbers. Might not get him out but might prevent the powers that be from considering him for higher office or for meaningful Committee assignments. I would bet he is lusting after Mikulski' s spot when she kicks off.

Lightning

Feb 5, 2011
    The Peoples Republic of MD
    Same Result every where in the Free State

I got a similiar respose from Hoyer and read on some of the other threads that Rupersberger voted against it also. Obviously our elected officials don't support the constitution which they swore to uphold.

Only answer is to vote out all incumbents in 2012....Lets instill our own term limits!!!!!!

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    Term limits would actually accomplish quite a bit but how are you going to get these guys to vote for it?
    The only way to get them to pass term limits would be to exempt the sitting members from the new term limit. We'd have to wait a while for the full benefits through attrition but it would be a start.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Gotta get a good candidate though. Has to have enough of a base and/or enough money to get the word out. It's a very towny district. Gotta know people from what I've seen.

6cylrider98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2008
    Bmore Co
    He is much more than a lap dog. He has voted NO on 99% of everything since the last election. Partytrool big time. I have spoke to him, he is a puppet 100%. No free thoughts in his head. Whatever they tell him he does. Al least his old man would do something.. He is weak at best. Hope he sees this but wouldnt matter, would need to be told what to think anyway..

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    Their way of thinking is so twisted I cannot understand how anybody can have a proper discussion with them without punching them in the face.

PEOPLE WHO PROPERLY OBTAIN A CARRY PERMIT COMMIT NO CRIMES!!!

People who are properly arrested after committing a crime on the other hand are being let go .... riddle me this Sarbane.

No Crimes? Never, ever? I think that MIGHT be stretching the truth just a tad...

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I'm in Sarbanes' district too. The Democrats in Annapolis have fractured Anne Arundel County into 5 separate congressional districts because, unlike the surrounding counties, AACO is purple. Still more D's than R's but too close to call for their liking so it got Gerrymandered into oblivion long ago. Like many of the districts in the county, it stretches up into Baltimore and siphons off enough inner city votes to make it "safe" against the rest of AACO. It would take a Herculean effort to unseat kid Sarbanes. As 12a10 said, to my knowledge he's never visited Crownsville (where I too live) - why bother?

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    Maryland needs Daniel Bongino
    http://www.bongino.com/

E-mail Quote:
    Dear James,

Thank you for contacting the campaign. I wanted to respond to your question regarding Dan Bongino’s position on the Second Amendment.

I’d like to pass on to you a statement the campaign released earlier that specifically addresses your question.

As a former law enforcement officer, Dan Bongino has firsthand knowledge and a direct perspective on gun rights and the 2nd Amendment.

Dan believes in an America where the 2nd Amendment protects the right to keep and bear arms for every law-abiding citizen in the United States; all Americans are entitled to protect their person, family, and property.

Dan believes in an America that respects civil liberties. He supports the concealed weapons permits be available to Maryland residents on a ‘Shall-Issue’ basis without unreasonable hurdles, exorbitant fees or arbitrary justification.

Dan believes in an America that focuses on building personal accountability, community awareness and economic prosperity as the true weapons towards reducing crime, not more misguided and unnecessary firearm regulations.
    Most of all, Dan believes in an America that is safe and free.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    He's running for the Senate. He has my vote after watching the guy a couple of times on the tube.

But WHO is running against Sarbanes???

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    This is why politicians should all have term limits AND they should be on a military based pay scale. I don't know what an officer (1st LT/captain/major) makes but I feel the 40-55k range would be acceptable. Along with the same health care benefits as us "normal" citizens.

This way, political office is a way to SERVE your country/state/county, etc. This way the people serving are the ones that love this country and want to protect it. Not further their personal goals or gain power/wealth.

Just my .02

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    No Crimes? Never, ever? I think that MIGHT be stretching the truth just a tad...

allrighty smarty pants ... nobody obtains a proper permit with the intent of commiting a crime ... if we are down to that level of picking things apart no thread will get passed the first post. :innocent0

olebess

Jan 11, 2011
    MontCo
    Two thoughts:

1. If possible, I think it would be worthwhile for a small group of articulate constituents to meet with Sarbanes himself. Letters and meetings with staff means going through a "middle man" or a gate keeper. I suggest you guys try meeting with the Congressman on a Monday morning in either one of his district offices. The House will recess later this month, so perhaps there will be a time to meet with Sarbanes in the district office the week of Dec. 19. When calling to set up the meeting with Sarbanes, ask to speak with the district director or deputy director. Will such a meeting change his mind? Likely 'no' because the far left doesn't believe in the legal ownership of firearms. But we should embrace our rights in order to preserve them. Also, a face-to-face meeting is much more effective than a letter. Getting a meeting may take some persistence, so don't become discouraged at a lack of an immediate call back.

2. Our state government recently approved of new Congressional districts. One impact is that Rep. Roscoe Bartlett's district has been redrawn to weaken his base. As a result, the Maryland 6th Congressional District will be a tougher fight to keep it in GOP hands. And if the rumors are true that Bartlett will retire at the end of this term, the 6th district will be an open seat race and Democrats will spend a lot of money to win it. I would encourage those who are interested and motivated to help keep a Republican in Bartlett's seat (whether it be Bartlett or another solid R) to work to re-elect Rep. Andy Harris in the 1st Congressional district and elect Bartlett's successor. Both Bartlett and Harris voted in support of HR 822, and to my knowledge, have been reliable votes in our cause. While I encourage folks to support Sarbanes' opponent, too, I think his seat, even re-drawn, is safe and that time, talent and money would be better used supporting Harris and Bartlett (or his successor).

JRBENJR

Jan 5, 2011
    Odenton, MD
    At least he received a response. I have emailed many times, and never get any response other than the auto-reply message stating that the email was received. As was previously mentioned, the only thing these guys care about is getting re-elected. They could care less about your issue, unless it is something that the media can grab onto and make them look good. The only way to make change happen is to go after what means the most to them, that being their continuation in office. We have over 11,000 members on MDS. If only half of us could get 10 people each to write a letter like the one in the OP, i would think receiving 50,000 letters would grab their attention.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The only way to get them to pass term limits would be to exempt the sitting members from the new term limit. We'd have to wait a while for the full benefits through attrition but it would be a start.

Term limits are great but you need to also put a stop to district lines being re-drawn on a whim.

The sad part is everyone thinks Congress is performing poorly but unfortunately people thinks its other peoples congress man that are to blame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom