• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smacduff99

Feb 17, 2012
    West Virginia
    Hi guys, I'm positive this is covered somewhere in the hundreds of pages of MD CCW discussions but I was looking for a concise recommendation.

What is the general consensus on when to apply for a MD CCW for those of us that did not apply prior to the stay? Apply now, before a ruling is issued or wait a bit to see where the chips fall?

Thanks!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Hi guys, I'm positive this is covered somewhere in the hundreds of pages of MD CCW discussions but I was looking for a concise recommendation.

What is the general consensus on when to apply for a MD CCW for those of us that did not apply prior to the stay? Apply now, before a ruling is issued or wait a bit to see where the chips fall?

Thanks!

When the ruling is final. Few sent theirs in after the stay and get returned.

Smacduff99

Feb 17, 2012
    West Virginia
    Valid point re. changing the process...
    I wouldn't be one bit surprised if there are some new requirements they would include to continue to make things difficult.

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    I would send it in now and get in line. Once the stay is lifted there will be a flood of apps.

No one has been denied yet, it seems MSP is awaiting the courts ruling before taking any final action.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I would send it in now and get in line. Once the stay is lifted there will be a flood of apps.

No one has been denied yet, it seems MSP is awaiting the courts ruling before taking any final action.

I disagree...

As mentioned earlier, in the "Post-Stay" scenario, apps were returned (along with payment--mighty nice of MSP), forcing the applicants into a quandry. Whether that practice was halted or not was never (AFAIK) made clear.

Holding tight seems to be the best "next step" for anyone who hasn't yet applied.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    if you sent it in now it would just be returned to you (unless you posses G&S) and you would lose your fingerprint fee

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    The only ones NOT returned were the ones that got in before the stay. They have processed up thru the point of interviews and are holding them until the stay is ruled on. MSI is suggesting that everyone wait for the ruling from what I have read.

Those that were returned were returned completely, payment and all until the ruling is completed on the stay. This way nobody is denied.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    *Keeping in mind this this is as much about political theatre and public opinion as actually receiving a Permit , do not spend the rent money , etc *

There are three potential windows :

1. Have everything ready to go now. The minute Judge Legg rules on lifting Stay imeadatly rush to fingerprinting , and then overnite app , or personally slap it on the desk in Pikesville before the AG can get a stay from CA4 .

2. Imeadatly after Md looses at CA4 , but before they can request another stay pending apeal to the SC.

3. At your lesiure after SC rules either on our case , or similar case likely to get there sooner.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    Those that were returned were returned completely, payment and all until the ruling is completed on the stay. This way nobody is denied.

Yes the application fees were returned but the fingerprint fees were not. and MDSP says they must receive the fingerprints within 72 hrs of application or the are no good. So those whose applications were returned must wait for the ruling then re apply in which case need to get new fingerprints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom