• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snick97

Nov 19, 2008
    Hi all,

I bought a H&K P30 on Thursday, November 6th and after the 8 day waiting period I took it home on Friday, November 14th.

I am looking at an AK-47 (MD ban certified) on gunbroker and want to know if it is okay to PAY FOR THAT today and have it transferred to my local FFL, but wait to do the paperwork until either A) 30 days or B) I hear back about my collectors application

So basically, by PURCHASE do they mean when the paperwork starts, or when you actually pay for it? Can I just have my FFL hold it until I'm clear?

Thanks everyone!! :party29:

Nick

snick97

Nov 19, 2008
    Yes, you can purchase at any time. You can not take delivery of the gun until 30 days have past. Your FFL wil simply hold the gun and have you fill the paperwork out when it gets closer to 30 days.

:bowdown: buy now and pay off until i get to take possession :beer:

thanks AKbythebay!

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    If you are doing face to face at the MSP barracks and someone still has to wait a month, can they get the paper work in?

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    do the md collectors form at the MSP and buy as many guns as you want.
    :D

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I am looking at an AK-47 (MD ban certified)

This isn't California, New York, et. al. as in Maryland does not ban features. You can get any semi-auto AK you want with anything on it. The only BAN feature I know of is that the magazine has to have a 20 rd. limit to be imported in the state.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    This isn't California, New York, et. al. as in Maryland does not ban features. You can get any semi-auto AK you want with anything on it. The only BAN feature I know of is that the magazine has to have a 20 rd. limit to be imported in the state.

Actually you can't transfer it (Mags with greater than 20 cap) within the state.

You can buy out of state and carry it in but you cannot take possession within the states boundaries.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    You can buy out of state and carry it in but you cannot take possession within the states boundaries.

As I read you post, I smiled. We are so used to dealing with these silly restrictions, we sometimes lose sight of how utterly ridiculous some of Maryland's laws are.

Maryland Law, Asinine Code 4, Section 56: "You can own or use a 30 round magazine, but can't buy or transfer it. You can only shoot it on days that end with a "y", unless it's raining, then you must spin around three times and yell "Ficus" before firing."

It's true... look it up. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom