• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saln

Dec 28, 2008
    you volunteered to sit down in their store with a phone and call every one on their log books and have a little chat with them. I know mine didn't mind, I reached over 200 people today. About 40 percent said they didn't know what to do. After a little chat most stated they would get right on it and also said they would call all their friends as well. (at my reccomendation)

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Awsom idea, good way to fight. How about it guys? I know it may seem like tela marketing and some don't have the knack at making calls like this but once you put a few calls in and get over the hump it will be natural.

good on you saln :thumbsup:

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    How much info is in an FFL log? Did your FFL let you sit down with a list of name/address/type of gun for all his customers?

saln

Dec 28, 2008
    They either have it in their log book, (regs and non) their database or you can work of 4473's. Mine had it all in his software. Helps if you know your guy well, I did all his security work, so he has to trust you, you have access to socials, etc. I am a "employee" just spreading the word for "your" benefit "customer sir".

Seems that info shouldnt just be for the State Police...

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If my FFL ever let you have access to that information, I would never shop there again.

No different than O'Malley using the DNR database to send out his email.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009

I think is 180 different. One is to remove a right, the other is to stick up for your rights.
    Maybe when you call you shouldn't name the FFL, just act like it's a regular phone solicitation.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    Pretty sure this is a misuse of info and violates privacy laws. I appreciate the sentiment, but echo Norton's feelings in this matter.

saln

Dec 28, 2008
    If my FFL ever let you have access to that information, I would never shop there again.

Like I said, I was an employee offering customer service. (sadley lacking these days) I received not one cross comment, most all were very thankful, the rest were "their gonna do what ever they want to.

There is fighting hard and fighting smart.

Then there is the way they fight, that I believe, is "dirty".

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think is 180 different. One is to remove a right, the other is to stick up for your rights.
    Maybe when you call you shouldn't name the FFL, just act like it's a regular phone solicitation.

I don't care about the intent.

Violating one's privacy is a violation, whomever is doing it. The ends don't justify the means.

An FFL has a responsibility to protect the personal information of their customers. This is one of the exact reasons we fought the ammo logs.

An FFL who is willing to put that information out there for one person is not worthy of protecting that information from others.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Like I said, I was an employee offering customer service. (sadley lacking these days) I received not one cross comment, most all were very thankful, the rest were "their gonna do what ever they want to.

There is fighting hard and fighting smart.

Then there is the way they fight, that I believe, is "dirty".

If you feel that confident about the righteousness of your actions, name the business so that those of us who do not want our personal information abused can avoid that shop.

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    Really does violate privacy big time. Trustworthy or not, Is this a store front or a home FFL? Good cause but god if its my FFL id be making a few phone calls

The business if you won't name atleast say if its an IP!!

saln

Dec 28, 2008
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose. Didn't mean no harm, just trying to help out.

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    ^^^ understood we just want to know whom bro

I'd be worried as that FFL. I mean if 4000 will show up in Annapolis I'm sure 40 would be at that store angry as well. Good deeds aren't always the best I've learned from here

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

This. None of your business where I shop or what I buy.

Bushwood

Farm Raised
    Jan 27, 2013
    The Dena
    They either have it in their log book, (regs and non) their database or you can work of 4473's. Mine had it all in his software. Helps if you know your guy well, I did all his security work, so he has to trust you, you have access to socials, etc. I am a "employee" just spreading the word for "your" benefit "customer sir".

Seems that info shouldnt just be for the State Police...

I am blown away that any shop allowed someone, regardless of how much they trusted someone that referred to them self as an "employee" and not an employee.... See the difference?

And that information shouldn't be just for police... It should be private, any shop that allowed someone who did some security work to view the computer files that contained names, numbers, and social security numbers, needs to seriously reevaluate the risks they have taken. I think everyone here deserves to know what shop this was for their own safety, so they can avoid it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom