• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broadside

Mar 20, 2012
    Virginia
    I've noticed that it is a frequent occurance for people to ask where to get prints done for Florida non-res permits. Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a sticky thread where people post law enforcement agencies around the state that will do fingerprinting on cards as opposed to just LiveScan.

ibewsparky24

Mar 7, 2012
    Salisbury, MD
    just had mine fingerprints done at the Queen Anne's County Sherrifs office here on the Eastern Shore. 505 Railroad Ave. Centreville, MD (410) 758-0770 They do livescan but also will print on your print card also.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    What a coincidence and I mean that sincerely. I just happened to run into the very person who did my fingerprinting, almost a year ago, for the special FBI ID # to stop me from getting "delayed" when purchasing a gun.

This person mentioned that I was probably the last one to get the ink fingerprints instead of the new and improved electronic ones. When asked, " Where would I go to get this done now?", he shook his head and said the MVA................... in Silver Springs, WTF ?

Evidently the new electronic fingerprinting machine costs in excess of $15,000.00, which in this economy is a considerable sum.

When asked about the State Police, answer "NO", when asked about the Sheriff's office the answer "NO".

I'm certainly not asserting this as true but rather exactly what I was told. I always thought that both the State Police and the Sheriff's Office would do fingerprinting for no charge or a nominal charge, but now the MVA will charge you a fee.

Any input would be appreciated.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    I've been on the phone here for the last half hour trying to figure out where to get them done also. MSP is a NO (at least at Bel Air Barracks), Harford County Sherrif is a NO, Aberdeen Police: NO.

I'm thinking that I'm going have to go all the way over to Reisterstown to get the damned prints!

What do these guys do if they arrest some one? Just take a mug shot and call it a day???

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    I just got them done at Queen Anne's Co. Sheriffs office. One thing of note, though. The officer that took my prints said that the new machine sitting next to the one that we used was going to be uploaded prints to a national database. Now, I don't know if this machine will have the ability to print out onto cards or not. He said that the new software didn't have a "print" button. This might be all hogwash, but that was from the horse's mouth 2 hours ago.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom