• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I don't think it's a state wide withdrawl. If I remember right, MA has a lot of home rule places, like PA does.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But Pa does have statewide premption. The problem is that a minority of jurisdictions , most notorously Phila delibertly ignore State Law , and do their own thing.

Phila is the only "City of the First Class" in the state , and does have the power to do many thing other cities don't , but firearms are specifically not one of them.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I don't think it's a state wide withdrawl. If I remember right, MA has a lot of home rule places, like PA does.

As far as gun laws go, there is no "Home Rule" in Pennsylvania. Only state law prevails. Not even Philly can restrict mags or try to go may issue on CCWs.

sfchoffman

Full Battle Rattle
    Feb 18, 2013
    I know it looks dim here in MD, But we can win, keep calling, keep facebooking, keep emailing, keep faxing......After we defeat this crap, then stay fired up and push back things like the 20rd mag ban from last year....CCW to law abiding who want the responsibility of carrying...

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Sadly, Maryland will not get as lucky as Mass.

If you think you are beaten, you are.
    If you think you dare not, you don't
    If you would like to win, but think you can't, its almost a cinch you won't
    If you think you'll lose, you've lost
    Success being with a fellows will, its all in a state of mind.

Walter d Wintle

shawn

Oct 23, 2007
    Massachusetts is not that lucky.

They already have an AW ban. When the federal one expired in 2004 they continued theirs.

The people who already had them could keep them but have to get a license. But anything not already possessed by September 1994 is now banned.

The Westford, MA town law that was withdrawn would have made ANY possession illegal and they would have to remove them from the town or turn them in to the Police Chief. No exemption for those already lawfully owned.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    The people of Mass remember the sacrifices of their forefathers in Boston, Bunker Hill, Lexington, Concord, etc. theyll fight. Does anyone remember the 1st Maryland's role in the Revolution? Stop being naysaying COWARDS and DO YOUR PART.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom