• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The need to fight things like this is to ensure that there isn't any incremental interference between the county and businesses in the future. Its the old just the tip, if you did that then why can't you do this, If it saves just one life. Where does it stop.

Why fight SB1 when it is being fought in other states. Get a split in two circuits outside of the 4th and let them take it to the SCOTUS.
    Even if SCOTUS overturns NY's and other similar sensitive places law, SB1 would still have to be challenged in 4CA, using the SCOTUS ruling as the argument for why it should be enjoined. The only instance where we wouldn't have to mount a local challenge is if MD capitulated and said SB1 was unenforceable in its entirety, and that won't happen without a massive political shift in the state.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The interesting thing about suicide prevention is that there doesn't seem to be much that truly curtails it.

In the National Guard we're forced to sit through suicide prevention classes and briefings as part of recurring annual training, but in the research I've done, there's very little in the way of empirical data that proves any kind of efficacy at all. A pamphlet certainly isn't going to stop someone who is bent on ending their life.

It seems like a waste of money and effort to me - shouldn't our tax dollars be going towards something more productive?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    The interesting thing about suicide prevention is that there doesn't seem to be much that truly curtails it.

In the National Guard we're forced to sit through suicide prevention classes and briefings as part of recurring annual training, but in the research I've done, there's very little in the way of empirical data that proves any kind of efficacy at all. A pamphlet certainly isn't going to stop someone who is bent on ending their life.

It seems like a waste of money and effort to me - shouldn't our tax dollars be going towards something more productive?
    I really truly wish you would stop making sense. :)

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Both answers are right...

Fight incrementalism

We have bigger fish to fry
    And we can, and are, doing both. It is not either or. The AACo. case is just part of the broader fight against the attempt to demonize firearms and firearms owners. First Amendment rights are important. Ask Jeff and Kevin. That's why we are appealing. The appeal has solid grounds. The judge got it wrong.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

Depends on who gets the contract for printing and distributing the material... could be very productive in the right hands (for vote buying...)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I find that when I'm feeling depressed, I feel much better once I buy a new gun.

I think they should put gun store brochures in depression clinics....

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I find that when I'm feeling depressed, I feel much better once I buy a new gun.

I think they should put gun store brochures in depression clinics....
    X-actly this^^^^^ buy a new and then go to the range...meet new friends and then hit the local eatery for a meal and good conversation. Wa-la... depression gone--It's the American way!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    X-actly this^^^^^ buy a new and then go to the range...meet new friends and then hit the local eatery for a meal and good conversation. Wa-la... depression gone--It's the American way!
    Exactly.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Wait. You mean there is something more important than virtue signaling for our elected leaders?! Surely you jest.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Oral argument on MSI’s appeal to the 4th Circuit beginning shortly.

First argument has concluded, MSI is up next at 9:17 AM

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom