• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    (upstate controlled) Delaware would not want any additional non liberal voting precincts

The 2 lower counties are already feeling our pain

Swing that arc around the court house copula and make the whole northern part happier as part of NJ

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Me, too. But I think a redrawing of the borders would be easier to sell.

In an ideal world, Western MD probably merges with WV. Southern MD becomes part of VA. DC residential areas are merged with the I-95 axis counties. Fairfax and Arlington Counties of VA might go into the I-95 state, too. Philadelphia, its suburbs, and Wilmington, DE, become a state. The rest of DE and the Eastern Shore merge.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Good in theory, but only sellable if the number of states remains the same and number of red/blue congress critters remains the same

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    As I stated in another thread, The eastern and western shores should evict central Maryland and let them meld with D.C.

:mad54:

If only we could dream......

The counties that we would like to evict are dependent on the revenue from the counties that desire succession to pay for free housing, free food, free health care, free phones etc. to the residents that perpetually live off the state in the counties we would like to evict.

Helping the poor is noble & necessary in a civilized society. But, supporting the welfare lifestyle of an overwhelming portion of our population concentrated in a handful of counties is sentencing those who produce to slavery to the those of the counties of the welfare state.

Cloward & Piven comes to mind.

BaltimoreKid

Sep 13, 2013
    Southern Md.
    Needs refinement

Try this:
    Give Frederick Co. west to W. Va.
    Give Eastern Shore East of Susquehanna to DE.
    Give Mo Co and PG to the "federal district" established by the Constitution.
    Give So. Md. to Virginy-i-a.
    Who cares what happens to Balt-mur?

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    Try this:
    Give Frederick Co. west to W. Va.
    Give Eastern Shore East of Susquehanna to DE.
    Give Mo Co and PG to the "federal district" established by the Constitution.
    Give So. Md. to Virginy-i-a.
    Who cares what happens to Balt-mur?

Or,

Give Md. the Martinsburg Wv area, and give Allegany and Garrett County to Wv.
    After that I don't really care what happens from Hagerstown to the eastern shore. :party29:

JRCruzzin

Nov 5, 2013
    Secession from the state of Maryland is a pipe dream.

Secession requires the approval of both the State legislature, as well as the US Congress. Neither of those legislative bodies will ever allow the formation of a RED state, with two Republican US Senators, a Republican US Congressman, and a Republican Governor.

While it's a wonderful fantasy, it will NEVER happen.

I agree but we may get a preview of this with Colorado. They have vote in their upcoming election. This is going to get interesting. I doubt it will ever happen though.

JRCruzzin

Nov 5, 2013
    Or,

Give Md. the Martinsburg Wv area, and give Allegany and Garrett County to Wv.
    After that I don't really care what happens from Hagerstown to the eastern shore. :party29:

You're going to want that tax revenue from the eastern shore though!!

I think we need to just go redefine the voting districts instead of smearing blue ink on them.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Perhaps Global Warming can save Maryland. Unfortunately the Eastern Shore is collateral damage. :cool:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...ook-like-if-all-the-ice-melted-015759322.html

md.jpg

etc

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2010
    Yup. 1776.

But we don't sell it as secession, but as a reorganization. The borders of DC get redrawn. MD loses Western, Southern, and Eastern Shore counties, gains the residential areas of DC, possibly Arlington & Fairfax counties from VA. The former MD counties are free to realign as they please. Southern MD goes with VA, Western MD probably with WV. No idea of the fate of the Eastern Shore.

I like that.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    To anyone who cares, PLEASE educate yourself on the motive of the "FREE WESTERN MARYLAND" movement before making wrong assumptions or dumb comments.

W.MD. no longer has a viable voice in state government. Simply due to the progression of population centers and subsequent gerrymandering by those then in power, we have lost our voice in government where it differs from that of Balto-Wash corridor politics.
    The founders and in fact the constitution recognized that this situation would occur from time to time in the natural progression of things and made specific allowances for it! We are only seeking to use those provisions to adjust the pendulum back to center as it pertains to W.MD.
    If we're successful (admittedly, a long shot) I think the state that emerges will not look terribly different than the one we presently have - except for more freedom to exercise those principals not only important but in many cases vital to life out here. We're not trying to restore the confederacy! We just want to have a voice in what laws are passed that pertain to us. That's what the revolution was fought over. That's what our form of government is (supposed to be) all about.

Please, before making comments research the subject. Then like it or hate it, by all means, comment but at least make an educated comment. ...and if you do support it, PLEASE make a contribution. ANYTHING you can afford! ANYTHING!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom