Maryland rules for selling reloading equipment?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Above mentioned Townhouses and restrictions? So if I live in a townhouse, I can't be a handloader?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Just post some more here and put it to sell.

I am sure a number of people would be interested.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Don't try to sell it in this thread. Good way to get banned. Just join the discussion and enjoy the community till you get to 50 posts. You won't be sorry you sold to a member. I've never had a bad buying or selling experience and have met some pretty interesting people with FTF transactions.

tcfan

Jan 11, 2016
    There is no restriction on selling reloading equipment.

Selling powder however requires a dealer license with all the accompanying drama, background investigation, fingerprints.

Selling reloaded ammo requires both a federal and stat license.

I was not planning to sell either of those, not interested in the liability aspects.

tcfan

Jan 11, 2016
    Don't try to sell it in this thread. Good way to get banned. Just join the discussion and enjoy the community till you get to 50 posts. You won't be sorry you sold to a member. I've never had a bad buying or selling experience and have met some pretty interesting people with FTF transactions.

Yes I have read the rules and have no intention of violating them. I believe that using the PM function also violates those rules. I respect the resource that this forum provides and would like to continue using it.

I would like to put it on here mainly because I think a buyer from this pool would know what to do with it.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Yes I have read the rules and have no intention of violating them. I believe that using the PM function also violates those rules. I respect the resource that this forum provides and would like to continue using it.

I would like to put it on here mainly because I think a buyer from this pool would know what to do with it.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty clear from your posts. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it. And welcome aboard!

tcfan

Jan 11, 2016
    5 lb limit in MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find this limit interesting. In NC I ordered 16#s at a time (one hazmat fee spread over a larger order). I remember friends ordering 25# drums. does this stem from fire code or a means to control private ammunition production?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I find this limit interesting. In NC I ordered 16#s at a time (one hazmat fee spread over a larger order). I remember friends ordering 25# drums. does this stem from fire code or a means to control private ammunition production?
    Md Fire code.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I thought so. Do they realize that a gallon of gas has a higher fuel load and explosive potential... not to mention its volatile.
    Shhh... you will get home gas cans banned in the nanny state.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You can sell small amounts of powder and primers. People do it every day.

tcfan

Jan 11, 2016
    You can sell small amounts of powder and primers. People do it every day.

So there is a loop hole or is that another case were the regulations cover retailers and not individuals disposing of unneeded powder? Or is this people hoping not to get caught?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom