• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    This militia will certainly NOT be a Sword of Damocles. The simple fact is that a militia will not intimidate, or influence anyone. Would it intimidate you? It certainly would not intimidate me. Most would not take it seriously, and those that do will assume (correctly) that if any sort of action is ever undertaken by its members; they would quickly be arrested.

In addition, this is all chest thumping. No one is going to "stand up" to the government, police, or military. Contrary to what many like to say about "Anyone who comes to take my guns will be sorry!" I call BS. You're not going to get yourself killed, or go to jail for the rest of your life. And most reasonable people know that. All this sort of thing does is give the Anti's still more ammunition about gun owners being unreasonable gun nuts.

So this organization can not (and would not) be capable of preventing any further anti-2A legislation, or in the event of that legislation, preventing any sort of government action to enforce it. All it will do is provide more outspoken chest-thumpers a place to vent their opinions. If you want to do so at the expense of the greater cause, then by all means; its a free country. But don't delude yourself by thinking you are going to make a difference.

The people who try and educate the moderates about gun ownership and its relationship to crime are the ones we will have to depend on to try prevent any further erosion of our 2A rights. (and perhaps the DINO movement if it can get organized and numerous enough). We talk about liberals and their "feel good" reactions. Well that is exactly what this is.

We are all human, we all have that feeling that we need to do something..ANYTHING, when we feel threatened. But what we need to do is stay calm, think logically and rationally, and try to bring more moderates on our side. We have to understand that we are in the definite minority in this state, and our options are limited.

Then you don't deserve any of the rights you have if you aren't willing to kill for them. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, these guys were extremely rich, could have afforded almost any tax on them, and lived a peaceful life. Lucky for us, they were men not big vaginas.

And whoever said that the tactics wouldn't be similar to every other insurgent group.

The Antis know we aren't kidding, that is why they don't talk openly about confiscation of even the Assault Rifles they claim are too dangerous to own.
    If they thought that we would peaceably surrender them, they would surly ask for them.

EDIT: I am referring to nationally. You think they are disarming Texas without a fight. Good luck!

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    This militia will certainly NOT be a Sword of Damocles. The simple fact is that a militia will not intimidate, or influence anyone. Would it intimidate you? It certainly would not intimidate me. Most would not take it seriously, and those that do will assume (correctly) that if any sort of action is ever undertaken by its members; they would quickly be arrested.

In addition, this is all chest thumping. No one is going to "stand up" to the government, police, or military. Contrary to what many like to say about "Anyone who comes to take my guns will be sorry!" I call BS. You're not going to get yourself killed, or go to jail for the rest of your life. And most reasonable people know that. All this sort of thing does is give the Anti's still more ammunition about gun owners being unreasonable gun nuts.

So this organization can not (and would not) be capable of preventing any further anti-2A legislation, or in the event of that legislation, preventing any sort of government action to enforce it. All it will do is provide more outspoken chest-thumpers a place to vent their opinions. If you want to do so at the expense of the greater cause, then by all means; its a free country. But don't delude yourself by thinking you are going to make a difference.

The people who try and educate the moderates about gun ownership and its relationship to crime are the ones we will have to depend on to try prevent any further erosion of our 2A rights. (and perhaps the DINO movement if it can get organized and numerous enough). We talk about liberals and their "feel good" reactions. Well that is exactly what this is.

We are all human, we all have that feeling that we need to do something..ANYTHING, when we feel threatened. But what we need to do is stay calm, think logically and rationally, and try to bring more moderates on our side. We have to understand that we are in the definite minority in this state, and our options are limited.

+1

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Dwyer Letter on Rachel Maddox-MSNBC

Don Dwyer's call to action was just highlighted on MSNBC on the Rachel Maddox show. She noted that Dwyer was not calling for insurrection but questioned why he announced that posting on Facebook would get posters "raided".

slickvolt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Ok, we have traitors at the helm...and you guys are asking whats next....lol...you already lost if you arent preparing to take back your state...its that simple...you are already too afraid of your government, that many of you admittedly voted into office...they arent serving YOU, YOU ARE SERVING THEM...grow a pair and arm up...this is what our founders intended...these are scumbag politicians guilty of violating the bill of rights, thats treason, a capital crime...wake up... instead of marching on annapolis with signs...its now time to march with arms...force the issue, THEY ARE THE ILLEGAL TRAITORS not you...duh

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I for one feel that being informed and organized is a good thing. We have other organizations with other, even like purposes such as the NRA and MSI. However, other bodies can enhance common goals and it could be beneficial to keep one disassociated from another for many valid and legal reasons.

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Ok, we have traitors at the helm...and you guys are asking whats next....lol...you already lost if you arent preparing to take back your state...its that simple...you are already too afraid of your government, that many of you admittedly voted into office...they arent serving YOU, YOU ARE SERVING THEM...grow a pair and arm up...this is what our founders intended...these are scumbag politicians guilty of violating the bill of rights, thats treason, a capital crime...wake up... instead of marching on annapolis with signs...its now time to march with arms...force the issue, THEY ARE THE ILLEGAL TRAITORS not you...duh
    Nobody is talking about marching with arms or using force. I smell liberal troll.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Why doesn't everyone just settle down and stop speculating. Del. Dwyer has requested that we keep info and details out of public and within the constraints of his developing group. Let's not allow people here or elsewhere tarnish this before it even gets off the ground.

Mods need to shut this thread down until Del. Dwyer pipes up or designates someone to be his voice on here. Too many people making foolish comments.

Renemehan

Mar 4, 2009
    Hanover
    Why doesn't everyone just settle down and stop speculating. Del. Dwyer has requested that we keep info and details out of public and within the constraints of his developing group. Let's not allow people here or elsewhere tarnish this before it even gets off the ground.

Mods need to shut this thread down until Del. Dwyer pipes up or designates someone to be his voice on here. Too many people making foolish comments.

This....

As of now, all this is is an email list to begin organizing.
    Lets not all get our panties in a bunch when no one has any idea where this is even headed.

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    First of I'm gonna start by saying that perusing this the wrong way could possibly end badly, the media is not on "our side" not the side of freedom. The establishment cannot have a reason to come down, it only paves the way for confiscation, many already know this. Honestly I feel that even a "mock Militia" can be misconstrued by the media. I feel that we need to know that are Sheriffs stand on the right side of the Constitution. something needs to counteract Bloomberg, for God sakes hes the mayor of New York city and he pumped a large sum of money toward this "firearms safety act" same with the legislation in Colorado. Im not going to pretend to know the answer, I cant. I do know that I would like to know my Sheriff a little better, and I'd like to understand Maryland Shall Issue a little better, see if its a place that I could fund, and Im going to attend some town hall meetings.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD

I agree this is getting carried away. People are going to find themselves in terrible trouble if they keep letting their emotions get the best of them. There are enemies within the ranks here. Not everyone shares the same feelings.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Geesh, I didnt realize that there are so many cowards on this board. . .its an email list to organize a political response and organize educational events.

Here is the first email I got. Note: He changed the name.
    "The Birth of the Constitutional Defense Force
    Dear Volunteers:

Thank you for signing up to join me in this effort to organize and prepare. I'd like to take a moment to assure you that your information will be treated with respect and that I will not share or disclose this list. We are in the process of organizing and structuring this group.

One important change to note is a name change, from, "Voluntary Militia" to "Constitutional Defense Force"- there have been concerns raised regarding organizing under "Voluntary Militia" that necessitate the change.

If you have former military and or firearms safety training, and are willing to assume a leadership role please send me an email as soon as possible outlining your specific skill set and area of interest in serving.

Below is information about Institute on the Constitution's Sheriff and Citizen's Summit being held in Delaware this Saturday, April 6.
    I know its short notice, however if you are available and would like to attend, I have provided the information and link for registration below.

Event in Delaware:
    Sheriff and Citizens Summit: Defending Liberty by Supporting your Constitutional Sheriff (Free Event)
    On April 6, 2013, Institute on the Constitution will host the Sheriff and Citizen Summit: "Defending Liberty by Supporting Your Constitutional Sheriff." Come meet and hear from Sheriff Jeff Christopher of Sussex County, Delaware and Sheriff (Ret.) Richard Mack.

Participate in training for the Sheriff's Posse
    Learn the Constitutional Role and Duty of the Sheriff
    Take part in Constitutional training for Sheriff's and Peace Officers

Delaware Technical & Community College Georgetown Campus - 18800 Seashore Highway, Georgetown, Delaware 19947.

For Further Information and to register for this event: Sheriff and Citizen Summit

I will be unable to attend myself due to the constraints of session, however I am working to repeat this event in Maryland in the near future.
    Thank you for your continued and tireless efforts. This is a monumental undertaking, but I am committed to seeing it through.

Constitutionally Yours,
    Don H. Dwyer, Jr.
    Delegate"

EasyE

Jan 26, 2013
    I was hoping something like this would pop up... I'm in.

thank you Mr. Dwyer for initiating. I do like the new name better.. But would be in either way.

I look forward to getting together with some like minded individuals in my area. I'm a novice to all of this and am curious as to what this CDF actually entails, but if organizing political recourse, training (Constitutional, firearms safety, marksmanship, disaster preparedness) or all the above is involved... Well, sounds like exactly what I've been lookin for...

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland

Maybe my southern upbringing instilled a different outlook on life for me. I really have never experienced living in a society and not being able to enjoy my legal freedoms. If the Government gets to the point where they will attempt to tell what I can do, when I can do it, how much I will be paid,. etc, essentially a dictatorship where an individual isn't allowed to think, then I had rather go down fighting. You can only die once, however, you can die a million times over being a servant to a dictator. My last resort will be just that, a last resort. Your choice is to surrender, my choice is to stand up for freedom so my kids, grand kids and all future generation will hopefully live free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom