• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hmm, AG opinion letter, which holds legal weight says other HBARs are legal.

MSP, who administers the law, says that other HBARs are legal.

Law says COPIES are covered under the law. And since the law does not say that the copies provision ONLY applies to banning, not exempting, it applies to both. You should know how to read a law and regulation, as you have studied the law.

And you say you have studied the law, but many PRACTICING LAWYERS on this site say that other HBARs are legal.

And FFLs, who are audited by the State and Feds sell them and have not had any issues.

And, BTW, do you understand the origin of the "list?" It is the 1994 Federal gun ban list, the Clinton Crime Bill list. And it only mentioned the Colt HBAR, because at the time the Colt was the ONLY HBAR made. During the time of the Federal gun ban, the BATFE allowed other than Colt HBARs to be made and sold under the same copies provision that you "are not sure" works that way.

So EVERY instance, both the State of MD and the Federal government, have said that other than Colt made HBARs are legal.

You are the ONLY person around stating that only Colts are legal.

That should tell you SOMETHING.

Heck, call or email MSP yourself and see what they say.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    jospiceClassicCombo5lbbuckets2.jpg

Thanks buddy. I think I'll have enough for 2-3 more times I need some popcorn for a thread. :lol2:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    There are other attorneys on the site, and they have bought or built HBARs. I am certain our local gun shops have consulted their attorneys before selling the HBAR rifles they do. But hey, keep insisting you are right instead of being educated.

Just fyi, I don't think he said he's an attorney, I believe he said he was taking classes. Whatever that means. Not to play grammar police but I think there are very few law schools where you are going to get very far without being able to correctly spell basic words like "does" and "doesn't."

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Just fyi, I don't think he said he's an attorney, I believe he said he was taking classes. Whatever that means. Not to play grammar police but I think there are very few law schools where you are going to get very far without being able to correctly spell basic words like "does" and "doesn't."

Or dose?

(which in MD dose not define HBar)

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

He might be doing an ESL course. :lol2:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Another point, MSP allows the sale of stripped lowers, stating they can be built into a pistol or HBAR rifle or SBR.

Another nail in the only Colt HBAR is legal coffin.

Okletsfish

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2015
    I`m a newbe here and have 4 weapons for when and if the SHTF
    38 special 2 1/2" barrel
    Glock 19
    Mosberg 500
    Colt AR 6721 with a Aimpoint Pro red dot.
    From what I have been reading here I think I`m headed in the right direction.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I`m a newbe here and have 4 weapons for when and if the SHTF
    38 special 2 1/2" barrel
    Glock 19
    Mosberg 500
    Colt AR 6721 with a Aimpoint Pro red dot.
    From what I have been reading here I think I`m headed in the right direction.

You need body armor, 10000 rounds of ammo in each caliber, and enough food for 12 months. Also, practice drinking your own pee.
    Besides that, you're in pretty good shape! :thumbsup:

MDshooters

Mar 26, 2012
    Salisbury MD
    Taking a look at actual SHTF situations abroad, we can see that the following is the norm: people that stay in one place die. Truth is stock up as much as you want, but I don't know anyone capable of carrying a rifle, handgun, shotgun and 10,000 rounds of ammo on foot. Keep your go bags ready because refugee is a key word here. We will most likely have to move on foot eventually.

Yes, practice drinking your own pee, but also practice gearing up and humping it 15-20 miles.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom